Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Thank you all for helping me mod my Squier Tele!

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by LillKrull, Aug 12, 2018.

1. LillKrull

LillKrull TDPRI Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Västragötaland, Sweden
    Hello! My name is Gustav, and I'm a 16 year old boy from a small town in Sweden.
    I'd just like to thank everyone on this forum for helping me out a bunch with sharing experience for me to take part of and learn from!

I started playing acoustic guitar 6 years ago, and since then my interest for guitars has just grown and grown, so this year I decided that I wanted to learn how an electric guitar works, (because the electric guitar overall is just more fun to play according to me), so I went and bought myself a Squier Affinity Telecaster from 2018 to have as a summer project to get myself some experience, I've also read this forum the whole spring, reading up on it.

Thanks to everyone here sharing years of experience (because at 16 I sure don't have any yet), I managed solder in place a new neck pick-up on it, (hot rail) and I've also done "The Bubba mod" on it, aswell as changing the pickguard from a white one to a black one.

I'm sure I would've managed to change the pickguard myself, but the other two things are thanks to you other people sharing how to do the stuff, so seriously thank you all for that! And especially Boris Bubbanov!

[​IMG]

Iago, ftbtx, nicod98 and 10 others like this.

2. taltoz

taltoz TDPRI Member

Mar 27, 2017
    North Florida
    Looks awesome. Great job.

LillKrull likes this.

3. Luthi3rz

Luthi3rz TDPRI Member

Jul 22, 2018
    AZ
    Good Job!

LillKrull likes this.

4. LillKrull

LillKrull TDPRI Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Västragötaland, Sweden
    Thanks! Took a little while due to our mail system being bad, and my saddles being stuck in various post offices around the country, but it came together in the end!

5. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    Nice going, welcome!

6. Mellencaster

Mellencaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2012
    North Bay Ont. Canada
    Great job and welcome .I had a 2012 that same model and color, it was a good guitar from stock but a better player after it was modded.
    [​IMG]

7. JMac52

JMac52 TDPRI Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Mesa, AZ
    It’s great to see a young person getting into the hobby... enjoy!

8. jvin248

jvin248 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

Looks good.

Next up ... coil split? 4-way switch? Electrosocket? Full size Bourns pots? Reversed control plate (V-T-Switch in the back)?

Welcome aboard the mods are fun.

9. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Modding is fun....but playing is "funner!" I would urge you to practice. (and then practice some more) Good luck, and if you need any advice and/or suggestions, there's lots of us "know-it-alls" here........Best Wishes.

10. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin

11. LillKrull

LillKrull TDPRI Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Västragötaland, Sweden
    Thanks!

That looks almost exactly like the one I've got, except I didn't bother to change the vridge and fill in the old holes with woodfiller and doing a paintjob again! Also thank you! :)

Thanks! I know quite a few other people playing the electric guitar among adolescents in my town. Far from everyone plays a Telecaster, but there is an overall interest for guitars and real music as a whole.

I was thinking about doing the 4-way switch at some point. Possibly during the winterbreak later on this/next year. On the bad side, school takes up alot of time. On the good side I'm studying music, and playing the guitar, so that's always a plus!

Thanks, practice makes perfect. There's no rushing when playing an instrument! ;)

12. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Lovely post. And sweet guitar. Keep strummin!!

13. Tonetele

Tonetele Friend of Leo's

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    Nice job Gustav.
    That's what this forum is about- helping and having a discussion.

nicod98 likes this.

14. claes

claes Tele-Holic

Aug 20, 2007
    sweden
    Ser bra ut...välkommen! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.