Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Texting and driving is out of control in my area

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by TheGoodTexan, Feb 8, 2018.

1. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Anyway, I checked in on this thread to say, I've just returned from a cross country road trip and for once, I didn't see that much distracted driving. An insane Pizza Delivery driver took out an elderly couple in a Lincoln sedan (they skidded, tripped on busted Amarillo pavement and flipped), and in East Oklahoma we saw probably 15 semi trailer rigs on their sides here and there on/along I-40 (freezing rain, black ice, huge gusts) so maybe there was more two hands on the wheel driving than one normally sees.

Shame on me, for not dropping down and going through El Paso. I got away with it, but the weather was so nice is Albuquerque and the truckers (going fast and with 10% more weight allowed than a few years' back) lulled me into attempting the Oklahoma crossing. Hundreds and hundreds of trucks, way off schedule or worse. Always know your weather and then, do your own thinking. Heavy truck use has destroyed your roads; you must keep a lookout for all the defects and the huge hole can develop in just days with all this high speed, doubled volume.

telemnemonics likes this.

2. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    It almost had the exact opposite effect. I am an easy going guy mostly.
    But I can boast when motivated I go into a mode a kin to swatting a hornets nest.

Problem with that in the case I sited is she may live where I'd rather not, in court. But because I'd rather not does not mean I fear it. It is also quite possible she avoids living in court of course. The resources in the case sited is that I did not want to waste calling in a favor to a lawyer friend for that level nonsense.

3. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Just on the news here in Oz that an idiot looked at his phone for twenty seconds and ran into two cops. Crushed them between his vehicle and the rear end of theirs. One of the cops lost a foot, had to be amputated. If that does not make those who text and drive think again I don’t know what will.

telemnemonics likes this.

4. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho

5. Count

Count Friend of Leo's

Sad to say, you are probably correct.

6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    That truth stopped us dead I guess. ;)

7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Correct, and I am representing the accused who feels terrible for killing those pedestrians while net surf driving.
    Innocent by reason of insanity.
    It's a disease; smart phone addiction, my client had no control over their actions.

Surely no one thinks my client wanted to kill innocents in order to like an acquaintance's brunch pic post.
    Six months in smartphone rehab and community service.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.