Texas Members Club

Discussion in 'US Member Clubs' started by TDPRI, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Pisgah

Pisgah Tele-Meister

Family in Texas since 1870's. I've been an Austinite since 1980. Got my first Fender guitar (P-bass) in 1983. Got my first Telecaster (Sq. J. Trohman) yesterday. Gonna be a Texan 'till I die! Go Rangers! Go Cowboys! Hook 'em Horns!

2. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Wow, I've been around here a few years and have missed the Texas club. Born in Houston in 73 and have always lived in the area. I lived in Baytown for about 10 years, now I live in Kingwood just north if town. My user name resulted in a rushed effort to register here. So I combined Fender with Texas, not my most creative moment. My number 1 is a Hwy1, that can be seen in my avatar. It's not a Texas Hwy1, but I added the old state hwy 1 sticker to it.

3. rcrecelius

rcrecelius Tele-Holic

Hmmm...been around forever and just now seeing this.
    Born and raised in Cleburne TX, living in Rio Vista TX where my dads family have lived for many years.
    I like sparkly teles and am fortunate enough to own a coupe along with some other teles I've built from parts. Just acquired a MIM Cabronita as well.
    All played through an Allen Accomplice, which I would consider to be my "desert island" amp...it just works for me.

4. Big_Bend

Big_Bend Poster Extraordinaire

Good to see some new Texas club members, thanks for representing. It would be nice to all get together again someday for a jam. I'm in Jersey Village on the NW side of Houston. I was born in Houston and have lived here all of my life.

Cool weather is almost here... time to get out and play.. have a good one...

5. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

I used to live just down the street from you in Winchester Country, off Rio Grande on Wayward Wind. My band practiced there almost every week for probably 10 years.

But I moved about 8 years ago. Now I live out in the boondocks about 25 miles SW of Brenham. My band still gets together, but we've definitely pared it back a bit. I have a great place to jam, one of these days I'll do another one (here's a link to the one I did back in 2008 when I had just moved out here).

Man, I can't believe it's been that long. I'll have to see what I can come up with...

Cheers,
    Doug

P.S. I'm playing at friend's place this weekend for an outdoor jam - we'll see how cool it is then :eek:

6. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Hey - if you're in the Houston area: Bill Kirchen and Redd Volkaert at the Mucky Duck tonight, 7pm.

Bill Kirchen.

Redd Volkaert.

Tix available at door; check the website. See you there. I'm the older guy, silver hair, black glasses, probably front and center.

7. sleazy pot pie

sleazy pot pie Tele-Afflicted

Live in austin, been here for juat under 5 years. Only started playing guitar less than 2 years ago, and electric less than 3 months. Would love to find some like minded people to play with/learnn from

8. Big_Bend

Damn... now you tell me. :D I'da loved to have seen this show. I saw Bill at the Mucky Duck last August, he was incredible, got him to sign my telecaster and everything. Its been a couple of years since I saw Redd play at Blancos too.

A little more advance warning next time please. :D

9. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

Welcome to the new fellow Texans. Anyone in/around the San Antonio area feel like jammin sometime?

10. Big_Bend

Hi Doug,

Yep we used to practically be neighbors. I'm off of Trail Ridge, which is Rio Grande North of West Rd.

I hope you can get a jam going sometime, I'd head out your way for sure.

Good luck, have fun... take care...

11. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

yeah, that's like 4 or 5 blocks from where I used to live...

I'll work on the jam and let everyone know. We had a blast at the first one I did. But man how time flies. I keep thinking/talking about it, but never quite get organized to do it.

Cheers,
    Doug

12. teletimetx

Sorry, Big Bend, I'd only found out about it the same morning, 'cuz Mr Redd Volkaert posted the info on a Bill Kirchen thread, here on TDPRI.

You still doing that blues thing out on Westheimer? I'd like to stop by and just say hey.

13. Big_Bend

Well I'm getting ready to head back out to my favorite place on Earth - Big Bend National Park. I'm using 2 weeks of vacation... I'll be camping, packpacking in the Chisos mountains, soaking in the hot springs, playing my Martin acoustic, lots of hikes, all that and so much more... I've been out to Big Bend over 30 times. This trip will be epic, 14 nights straight sleeping in a tent freezing my ass off lol! :D

Here are a few pics I took last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Always a treat heading out to Big Bend... I cherish every visit. Will take lots of new pics of course and post a few when I get back.

Take care...

14. LGOberean

LGOberean Doctor of Teleocity

Okay, I'm a little jealous right now...:D

I'd say, "Have fun," but I know you will. Be safe, and I'll look forward to the new pics and stories when you get back.

15. teletimetx

THIS FRIDAY (TOMORROW) :
    Buddy Whittington in Houston: at the JP Hops House, near Hwy 6 and Westheimer
    2317 Highway 6 S, Houston, TX 77077
    Friday, November 21, 2014
    Buddy Whittington Band...$20 Cover Charge
    8:00

This is a really big night ... the Buddy Whittington Band is back. Buddy has played countless shows and recordings worldwide for 15 years with John Mayall's Bluesbreakers...a blues maestro...an American Blues guitar legend.

If you haven't seen Buddy yet, do yourself a favor. As good as it gets.

16. LGOberean

Wish I could make it. :( I'm playing a private gig tomorrow myself here in Corpus.

What we need here is an audio/visual enticement for those that can make it out to hear Buddy. I wish that he was playing a Tele in this YT vid, but that notwithstanding, "Minor Blues" is my favorite tune of his.

17. LGOberean

[​IMG]

Have a good 'un, y'all! :D

18. LGOberean

Just wanted to wish y'all a Merry Christmas, from...

[​IMG]

19. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

Merry Christmas fellow Texans!

20. LGOberean

Thanks. From your other thread, I know you've had a good 'un. Congratulations on the wonderful news of your upcoming firstborn! :D

By the time I was your age, I'd been married for nearly 12 years, and we had 3 kids, ages 7-11. We married young (19 and 18), and 6 months later my wife conceived our firstborn. We had the pleasure of our firstborn's company today, she and her family. Her firstborn, our first grandson, is 18 now. They live in Sugar Land, but have a house here, too.

My son lives here in Corpus, but was sick today, and so we'll see he and his family later. Our youngest will turn 37 in 10 days, she lives up your way, in San Antone. They couldn't make it down this week, so we'll see them later, too.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.