Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tell me it's okay

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by klkampman, Apr 14, 2018.

1. klkampman

klkampman TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    Local shop has a Fender FsR Deluxe Tell in Aqua Sparkle. It is slightly damaged, little Pain chip on edge by output jack .for this reason they are selling at store cost which they say is $550. I already have a maple neck Tele Custom, my # and she is pretty rough and gets a lot of miles. This HH would be a nice addition, but another 72 RI. The finish is amazing and I don't see many of these, edpe iqlly in blue sparkle. I figured it would be gone by now - 2 months in shop - but since it's still there I feel like it's waiting for me. I wanted some pedals, fuzz, reverb, pitch, etc, but this guitar and the deal is rare to come by. It's been 10 years since I've bought a new electric guitar. I don't know if I NEED this Deluxe, but she's fo fine and I want it. Talk me into it or out of it please! New frets and neck feels so good. What do I do?
    Looks way cooler in person. I also been GASing for a Strymon Deco so....

Attached Files:

2. YALCaster

YALCaster Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2017
    noitacoL
    Imagine the regret you’ll have when someone else comes and snatched it up! I wasn’t even aware it came in that color, so it’s not a common one. If you miss this one, you’re not likely to come across another one!

klkampman likes this.

3. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Holic

Mar 1, 2011
    Beltway, USA
    I’ve come close to buying sparkly guitars in the past, but always asked myself if I’d still like it in a month or a year. If your answer is yes, then you should go ahead and get it.

klkampman likes this.

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I don't think this shop will be around long, if their true "cost" on this item is $ 550.

What does the Serial Number tell you about the build date on this guitar? My recollection is, the last batch of these were put out there a number of years ago.

klkampman likes this.

5. Hiker

Hiker Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 20, 2008
    Alabama
    It's okay from what I've seen in your description. My sparkle guitar is a medium green. It would be a difficult to see something like that unless up close in bright enough lighting.

klkampman likes this.

6. klkampman

klkampman TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2016
    US
    When it first came in I figured it would be gone fast but it's still there. I thought if it got snatched up then the desire would be gone as it wouldn't be available. Sales dude said it will sit until the right guy comes along and has to have it. To that I said I AM that dude, just don't exactly have the money to blow on another 72 TelT RI. Was hoping to save up for a Strymon Deco and a couple other pedals but this guitar is sitting waiting for me calling my name. I will go in on Monday when the owner is there and try to make a deal I can live with (and live to tell my wife). If it works out then great, if not then I got a brand new Deco waiting at the other shop across town. The universe will decide for me I suppose

7. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Write down the excuse you use on your wife and post it here.

I may be able to use it one day.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Bigpernz likes this.

8. John Owen

John Owen Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 29, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    That looks like a darn nice guitar for $550. If I wanted as bad as you seem to, I wouldn't hesitate forking over the dough for it. Do it!

klkampman likes this.

9. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    Dude! Those are super rare! Should be a MIM short run. They made only about 250 of each color and are killer! I’ve been looking for one since they c are out and have never seen one in person.

Where is this shop?

klkampman likes this.

10. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 11, 2010
    Montana
    You have got the fever. No cure except to buy it!

11. cleanheadsteve

cleanheadsteve TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Arkansas
    Ask yourself this... "If I make a mistake by buying it, can I get rid of it quick enough?" Most of the time the answer is no. However, I have bought used guitars at GC and flipped them for a profit several times.

12. Deeve

Deeve Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    tmp_31661-Bluesboy20171020_102831567676977.jpg Well, sparkly guitars kinda float my boat too, so when I saw what looked like a deal to me, I hit the "yes" button.
    Not bored w/ it yet.
    Go.
    It's okay.
    Peace - Deeve

boris bubbanov and horax like this.

13. AbisFjord

AbisFjord Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2017
    Texas
    It's not black? I'm out.

14. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2017
    UK
    No one would tell you to not spend 550 on concert tickrts for a load of friends, and you would not have a resaleable guitar after that

Your money up to you

15. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Meister

May 23, 2005
    Glenview Illinois

16. ickylick

ickylick Tele-Meister

Jan 21, 2011
    New York
    The fact that it's so limited/rare makes me think it should be an easy sell if you get tired of it.

You'll get to play with it and enjoy it for as long as you'd like without the "what if/I should've" feeling, then you can sell it (hopefully without taking a hit or just a small "renters fee") :p.

*If you're strapped for cash.. don't do it..

horax and Piggy Stu like this.

17. horax

horax Tele-Holic

Jul 1, 2011
    colorado springs
    I’ve pmed the OP and told them if they don’t buy it I’d like the chance. I will buy it right now if I knew where to get it, plus I don’t want to take a score away from the person who came here looking for info.

Imthat hallened to me once and I wasn’t too happy.

18. Crobbins

Crobbins Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.