Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tell Me About Whitfills

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by ABCarlson, Apr 10, 2015.

1. ABCarlson

ABCarlson TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Hi everyone. I'm craving a Tele lately. Been a Strat guy for years.

I'm really interested in the Whitfill T style. I've read through what I can find on here, but I want to hear from some more owners or folks who have played em.

How do they compare to Dano or Nacho?

Thanks.
    Andrew

2. ABCarlson

ABCarlson TDPRI Member

Apr 7, 2015
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Nothing? Nothing at all?

3. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

they look nice. have never seen one anywhere, have not heard one, had not heard of one... but, there are lots of tele clones out there... so that doesn't matter...

they look cool.

4. BlueTele

BlueTele TDPRI Member

Nov 16, 2008
    California
    Re: Whitfill telecasters: I am 61 years old and have owned/played every Fender Tele and Esquire known. While the Fender Custom Shop did a nice job on a few editions like the 2010 Esquire Ltd Edition with the BG1400 pickup, as well as the 2013 run of '52 Telecasters in Melon Candy, Lake Placid Blue, etc., and the superb Celadon green Telecaster relic with the 4-position switch (I "had" the all), the Whitills are in a class of their own. Unbelievable feel and tone - like that Broadcaster, 2-pickup Esquire, or '55 Tele you played in a shop when you were 15 years old and couldn't afford on your $5.00 per week allowance. Buy a Whitfill - absolutely the best "new" Tele you will ever play that feels 50-60 years old.

5. Davecam48

Davecam48 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Queensland Australia
    Hmmmmmm. I know I'm going to be shot down here, but after looking at their site which appears to be from 2013, and listening to the video of one of their teles being played in a band situation, I'm sorry but I cannot believe that anyone could pay around $2,500 (2013 prices) for a new guitar with commercially available components made to look old and beat up.
    My point is that any of the builders on this site could reproduce the unit in the video for around $150 and have their own name on the headstock, and not one person in the audience (or the band FTM) would be able to pick the difference.

I'll now put on my bullet proof vest!

DC

6. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    The OP asked info about a Whitfill plain and simple. His $$$ his biz. With all due respect, why do u let it bother you?

bullfrogblues likes this.
  7. TDJMB

TDJMB TDPRI Member

Dec 4, 2009
    East Coast
    I don't think the Whitfills are made with commercially available components. I was under the impression he made his own bodies & necks. And he has his pickups wound specifically for him. Yes, the price hurt a bit and I'm not a big relic fan but I'm very happy with mine.

BB likes this.
  8. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Two separate threads about Whitfills and nary a single picture?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.