Telenator is Closing December 31, 2017

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by Telenator, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

It’s been a great 10 years. But we’re shutting it down.

My partners and I have simply reached a point where we need to let this go. The difficulty in obtaining CuNiFe has finally caught up with us so we’ve decided to stop here and go out on a high note.

We currently have enough materials to make 15 Limited Edition CuNiFe pickups and sincerely hope they all find a good home before January 2018.

We would like to extend a sincere and heartfelt Thank You to everyone who has ever dealt with us or simply contacted us with a question.

As many of you know, the Wide Range Humbucker had been my pet project ever since this started with my attempts to re-create the former glory of an original ’72 Thinline I used to own. I am so thrilled at not only recreating my old 72, but in the process, meeting the fine people who would eventually form Telenator Musical Electronics.

We have had the rare privilege of working with some fine players we never dreamed we would ever speak with, or meet. And in the process make some small contribution to the sounds we now hear coming from their instruments.

Watching some great footage of a player ripping out soulful tones through our pickups is truly one of those great life time moments. It has been an honor to serve all of you.

As of December 31, 2017 Telenator Musical Electronics will officially close the doors and we will all move on to other things.

My email will still be active and we will continue to support all of our products in the field as long as materials allow. Although we seriously doubt anyone is going to have any issues.

Thank You everyone for making this the experience of a life time. For a brief, shining moment, we were the ones making the only true vintage repro of the original Wide Range Humbucking Pickup in the world. And we’re really proud of that.

Play your Telenators with abandon!

We are also entertaining any reasonable inquiries concerning our remaining intellectual property and trademark.

Thank You everyone. Play on!

Bruxist and Loco85 like this.
  2. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire

Always hate to see another small business shut down. Congratulations on what you've been able to accomplish, and may your next endeavor bring you as much satisfaction!

3. Telenator

Only 4 Limited Edition CuNiFe pickups left. Plain chrome covers, or Telenator logo gold covers.

4. Mark Grant

Mark Grant Tele-Afflicted

Very sorry to see you closing the doors. It's a tough world out there for small businesses. Wishing you all the best in the future.

Telenator likes this.
  5. Telenator

Just two more Limited Edition CuNiFe models left.

6. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Best wishes & good luck Telenator :)

Telenator likes this.
  7. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

Telenator,
    Do you have touting templates and mounting funds in stock still?

8. Telenator

Yes, we still have some.
    We're all out of NoSquire solid bridge plates and Guitar Building Books though.

9. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Afflicted

Telenator do you plan to leave your web site up?

I've referd many to your free download wiring diagrams, best ever posted.

I hope you can announce a buyer for your tech, mfg process and knowledge. Will be shocking if nobody jumps on that.

Would love to have rigged my fantastic FSR 72 Thinline up with your best pups but life's bills got in the way.....

Good luck !

Telenator likes this.
  10. Telenator

The website is coming down on January 1st.
    People can still email me or my partner for any concerns with any products we have in the field.
    We've never had any issues though, and really don't expect any, but we certainly don't want to just disappear without offering some form of support to those who have shown their confidence in us for the past 10 years. We'll be around.
    Thank you for the kind words. We have enjoyed this time immensely!

11. Telenator

Last new Limited Edition Cunife Pickup left. No logo, plain cover.

We'll soon have a custom wound demo for sale that is in Jim Weider's guitar. He's deciding between two slightly different winds for the bridge position.

After that, we're done.

12. WJKIM

WJKIM TDPRI Member

Is it still available?

13. Telenator

Sorry, it's gone.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.