Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

telemaster

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by MichaelAa, Jan 10, 2013.

1. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Hey

I`m ready for a new project, and after seeing this picture I`m ready for a telemaster. I think the finish is charcoal frost metallic, allthough it`s a bit more green than lots of other guitars in CFM. I hope I can find this color somewhere.

[​IMG]

I`m not sure about the pickups; if I`m going for an esquire or regular telly.

2. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2008
    The Golden State
    I just got all the parts for mine. Warmoth body (poplar) and neck (rosewood.) I'm going Olympic white, white 3 ply pickguard. As far as electronics, I'm going Esquire wiring (GFS Lil Puncher humbucker) with a 5 way super switch. It'll give me a lot of options, tone wise.

3. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Sounds cool. Be sure to post some pics of it. What about tortoise pickguard on the OW? :)

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

Jun 11, 2009
    Minnesota
    I think I need one of those too. I bought a rosewood neck for one, then used it on another Tele. I want to do the Telemaster with a Bigsby.

6. Southpaw Tele

Jun 30, 2008
    The Golden State
    I was originally going to go Sonic Blue, so I got the 3 ply white. I'm wishing I had got the tortoise :(

In the pic you posted, I think the guy photoshopped that black onto the original pic (the butterscotch blonde). Have you checked ReRanch for the charcoal color?

7. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Photoshopped? Wasn`t this a CS finish?

I`ve contacted rothko and frost regarding mixing the color, but haven`t gotten any reply yet.

8. Southpaw Tele

Jun 30, 2008
    The Golden State
    Yeah, I might be wrong on the Photoshop thing. It will be cool to see how yours comes along.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.