Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by Tele-brewer, Apr 19, 2012.
This weekend I bought a radius bit and did this:
That body looks great! Don't get down on the setbacks... we all have them but learning to overcome them is the real challenge so keep at it! I love what you've done so far.
Log in or Sign up to hide this Ad.
Thanks. I'm actually very pleased with the results so far.
Speaking of setbacks, here's another minor one.
I had just finished the round-over when I saw this in some other thread. The round-over at the neck plate.
I also did the round-over on the belly cut.
What kind of bit are you using on the binding rout?
It's the SM stuff:
White Plastic Binding - .090" x .565" (2.29mm x 14.35mm)
Binding Router Bit and Bearings - Bearing for .090" (2.29mm) binding
Binding Router Bit
Looking great so far. Maybe you could recess the neck plate a bit into the body. but I guess maybe the edges wont look right anyway.
My next build will be a Jazzmaster body with tele neck, soapbar p90:s and G.E Smith style tele bridge.
nice work so far, looking forward to seeing the end result. Did you have a drawing of this body shape to work from?
I used a jazzmaster drawing I found on the forum for the outline and tdowns tele drawing for the tele lay-out. I lined it up by neck cavity and center line.
I've also dislocated the control cavity a little towards the center of the body, like this:
Your contour looks PERFECT.
And I am an absolute snob when it comes to jazzmasters.
Also, for anyone interested, I'm not affiliated with this guy or the company, but Paul Rhoney sells Telemaster (and many other) templates through ponoko.com
I used them for these
Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack your thread
Those are really cool looking finishes.
Thanks a lot.
No problem at all. I love your Telemasters.
Well, after several weeks I got work on my project again. I spent some time thinking about how to approach the neck, since this is my first solo build.
My routing skills leave room for improvement.
But there was no harm done.
Now this is something I came up with so that the TR channel/nut would not have to be so deep.
I didn't want the channel to extend out onto the headstock, like on my first "tandem" build from the luthiery school shown below.
And this is the a picture of the grain, which I liked a lot. It's Pau Marfin, a brazilian wood.
I've routed a shallow channel on the fretboard.