Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Telecaster Thinline Mods

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Chandra, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Chandra

Chandra TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Toronto
    Hey everyone! How's it going? I have a Telecaster Thinline (MIJ 2007, SSH model) that I'm looking to make some mods to. I'm interested in making both the volume/tone knobs double as push/pull pots for a neck humbucker split (going to change the stock Dragster to a Black Winter), and possibly an out-of-phase option (when activated in the bridge/neck position/position 3). Anyone have an experience with how mods like this would turn out on a thinline guitar? would the magnetic pull from the middle pickup possibly cancel out or greatly alter an out-of-phase tone?

The circuitry is currently stock from how I bought it. Don't really feel a need to change anything, and I enjoy the Texas special pickups in the B/M positions. If anyone has any feedback or alternative mod suggestions, please feel free to add! Thanks for your time.

2. Chandra

Chandra TDPRI Member

Jun 18, 2015
    Toronto
    Bump (of the shameless variety).

3. cuccumusic

cuccumusic TDPRI Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Italy
    Current WRHBs split well but best with opposite coils in parallel to off set the almost unnoticeable umbalance due the 3+3 screws arrangement (they are not magnets..). Of course single coil from split is much thinnier than humbucker but guitar vol (with treble bleed) or some ampli/pedal volume can level off. But the volume drop can even be a very usable feature.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.