Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Telecaster music/COUNTRY CONTENT!!

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by telesavant, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Last edited: Jan 31, 2009

2. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

WOW!!!!
    Very very Nice. Sweet tone, articulate phrasing, spot on rhythmically.
    Nice Job. Savant must be applicable.

3. teleclarkster

teleclarkster Tele-Holic

Apr 26, 2005
    Way Out West
    Wonderful! Great job telesavant!

4. Darrell

Darrell Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    No kidding...wow

5. Colt W. Knight

Colt W. Knight Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Tucson, AZ

6. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

Wow! track 7 is CRAZY! Subtly IMPOSSIBLE playing! great job!

7. vikki

vikki Tele-Meister

Dec 7, 2003

8. Thanks all!! Very gracious of everyone..........most gratefull!!

9. jdtele

jdtele TDPRI Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Trumbull, CT
    Great playing - and great sound. How about some details about the gear: guitar(s), amp/processor/effects, recording gear?

Also, do I detect some bender activity - especially on the first tune?

Never heard of driveway.com - easy to post? sounded really good.

10. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    Savant.....I enjoyed those. Keep them coming. How about a quick run-through on what gear you used - guitar, pickups, bender-gear
    (sounds like some bender hardware, but I could be wrong), amp, etc.

11. Thanks for the interest!! Tune 1, "Steel Away" (the slower one) is a mix of manual bends, and bender pulls. Tune 2, "Cannonball Rag", has about 10% bender content. Tune 3, "Simpletown Breakdown", has aprox. 20% bender content, and all 3 have plenty of manual bends. I used a Custom Shop Tele: one-off, 5 pickup (4/jag., and 1, Fred Stuart vintage modified Esquire in the bridge), and I also used a modified Am.Std., w/ Jag. vibrato, stock PU's, and a Texas Special in the middle. I went through a Behringer V Amp Pro, direct into an Akai DPS-16 recorder. Pitch shifted the finished guitar tracks +10 cents to thicken them, mastered the finished tunes on the Alesis Master Link, and that was that. See referenced gear below.

12. vikki

vikki Tele-Meister

Dec 7, 2003
    Telesavant....
    How do you rate the Behringer for this style of playing/recording.......sorry to go off topic.
    Vikki(uk):lol:

13. Hey Vikki; Let's put it this way. I haven't explored the distortions much, but as for the clean settings, and effects........ I switched from my Pod Pro, and/or "miking" forever. Sounds sweeter than my Pod Pro, and NO hum, as when miking an amp........No phone call issues either, in the middle of your best take!! I actually went back With the V Amp Pro, and re-recorded everything I did with the amp miked with an expensive tube mic!! At $169.00 delivered, it was worth a try. Believe me no one was more reluctant than I, to EVER go direct. I do now, want to experiment with reamping....might just be extra work though. Thanks for the interest!!

14. Tele-evangelist

Tele-evangelist TDPRI Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Vancouver Canada
    Wow, great playing. I would have thought that there was more of the B-bender and less of the manual for some of that... guess I had better start practicing. Inspiring to say the least! BTW Is that an ebony fingerboard on the 5 pup Tele? Also, can any of you put me on to some Hipshot audio or video demonstrations? Thanks.
    Tim

15. Thanks!! Very little "bender", in fact!! Yes, that is an ebony board on the red Tele. There are many "bender" videos out there, including mine..."Country String Bending". I think Will Ray has the only one, specific to the "Hipshot"... the title is, "B-Bender Mania".

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008

16. tboy

tboy Friend of Leo's

Dec 13, 2007
    Chicago Area
    WOW. Yea, I love that. Great picking! It's THE sound. 7 just wants to make me never attempt country again. Or practice my butt off. Haven't decided yet.

17. superlightweigh

superlightweigh Tele-Holic

Apr 11, 2007
    Schenectady, NY
    telesavant,
    those were really nice, thanx for sharing.

18. Daddydex

Daddydex Friend of Leo's

Feb 15, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Excellent playing Telesavant. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

19. McFly

McFly Tele-Meister

Aug 29, 2006
    Hill Valley
    I am totally blown away by track 7! Amazing stuff, what touch and speed.:eek:

20. Once again; THANKS TO EVERYONE!!!........Pauly

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.