Telecaster bridge plate testing; brass, steel, thin, thick

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Antigua Tele, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Antigua Tele

Antigua Tele Friend of Leo's

1) point of comparison 2) physics https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penetration_depth

2. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Holic

I am impressed and appreciate the testing and data demonstrating the physics of what influence materials have on the sound of a guitar~good stuff.

I think there are so many factors that influence the sound of a guitar. For me
    I tend to make adjustments till I get what I want:rolleyes: The more info available
    the easier it is to get good results.

3. PCollen

PCollen Friend of Leo's

I just checked my MIM Nashville Tele bridge, approx 2.5 mm thick and looking just like the one on the far right in your pic of the four you tested. It is magnetic... grabs my magnet anywhere I touch it. It is on the guitar, and I assume it is not magnetic due to the Fralin SP42 pickup installed. So I have to think it is steel.

4. Antigua Tele

Antigua Tele Friend of Leo's

If a magnet sticks to it, it's definitely steel, because brass or aluminium are the only other two materials I know of to be often used, and they're not magnetic.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.