Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele-style rewiring question(s)

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by djmd14, Sep 5, 2017.

1. djmd14

djmd14 NEW MEMBER!

Sep 5, 2017
    NYC
    Hi all - new to this forum but not to guitars and/or electronics.

I am about to rewire my custom built tele-style guitar. It currently has a three way toggle switch with two single coils (P90 neck and single coil, ashtray style bridge), one volume and one tone for the magnetic pups, as well as a graphtech ghost 13-pin piezo/MIDI system installed (with its own volume, switches and piezo vol pot).

Due to the fact that the mag pups sound very different from each other, I'm looking to repurpose the stacked pot (currently used for tone and piezo vol) to a dual tone pot for easier tone "dialing in". Since I very rarely use the piezo sound by itself, it seems to make sense to do this. Additionally, I'm toying with the idea of taking out the piezo/mag mini-toggle switch and putting in a series/parallel switch in its place (in addition to the standard 3-way pickup switch).

I was browsing the phostenix site and seemed to find something very similar, but the images seem to have been removed within the last few days!!! Anyone have any help here?

This is the configuration I was looking at:
    https://sites.google.com/site/phostenixwiringdiagrams/teles/2-pickup-teles#TeleSeriesParallel2

Thanks!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.