Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele strat hybrids?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Kenner Bartos, Nov 10, 2017.

1. John C

John C Tele-Afflicted

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    They still do - as I posted above it's called the "Mongrel" and you can get it with or without the maple top.

2. grilldanmo

grilldanmo TDPRI Member

Nov 14, 2017
    United States of America
    Howdy folks. Noob the Telecaster forum, but here's my $0.02...

I also have a Godin Session Custom, but I'm super happy with it's stock setup. Depending upon how much money you have/want to spend, you can get a G&L ASAT Special or Z-3 with their Dual Fulcrum Vibrato (Leo's last take on the Strat-style vibrato bridge). This would still be w/ Tele controls, but you could mod the pups and electronics however you'd like.

I completely understand the desire for this type of setup. I love Strats (especially mine), but I've been hooked Teles forever. The Tele is my favorite electric guitar shape, so why not have one made with electronics of a Strat. Heck, build one w/ a set neck, two HBs out of mahogany and maple with a 24 3/4" scale...I'd like more than a Les Paul.

Good luck with your search.

3. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Meister

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    IMG_0226.JPG

4. Carcinogen

Carcinogen TDPRI Member

Nov 13, 2017
    Tacoma, Wa
    I can't deal with the knob placement on strats, but this lovely lady I saw on reverb is quite fetching.

Attached Files:

tintag27 likes this.

5. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Here's a quick'n'sloppy shot of my Strelecaster...
    strelecaster.jpg

SecretSquirrel likes this.

6. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    Those are awesome! I'm dying to know — does the Strat-shaped one with Tele neck & electronics sounds like a Tele? And the Tele-shaped one with Strat neck/gear sounds like a Strat?

7. micpoc

micpoc Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2007
    Louisiana
    Basically, yes, mine sounds pretty Stratty. The only difference is that the bridge pickup IS a (Zexcoil) Tele pickup, which I like more than Strat bridge pickups anyway, and I have a push/pull pot that allows the bridge and neck to be used together, like the middle position on a Tele. Finally, I put a Tremol-No on the vibrato assembly, which allows me to turn it into a hardtail on the fly. Also, that's actually a Tele neck on mine.

8. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    Thanks, they are both cool, I wouldn't know which one to reach for first!

9. LowThudd

LowThudd Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Fender Custom Shop Chris Flemming Masterbuilt.

[​IMG]

10. chesire

chesire Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Feb 17, 2010
    The Ol' Pueblo
    [​IMG]

This is the one I built. Its a sapele body with a warmoth EVH neck and Suhr P/Us. Great guitar, heavy, growly but can clean up and be warm enough for jazz. The body was built for my by Tomahawk bodies.

Why? I prefer the Tele shape and through body hardtails, but I love the strat control layout and LP style pickups with Mahogany.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.