Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele Squier with fattest necK?

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by TeleTown, Jul 13, 2017.

1. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    Im Looking for a squire with a chunky neck. Which model has the thickest neck? Thanks!

2. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

I have a China Tele Affinity with a neck chunky like a MIM built around 2010, I have an Indonesian Standard Tele that has the typical Squier Strat thin carve built around 2011. So they can be all over. If you can find pictures see if the carve starts at the fretboard leading edge (thin Squier Strats) or behind the glue line so the fretboard edge is 'square' (chunky carve). Nut width and neck depth will be within 1mm on any of them and offers no clues, it is purely the shape of the shoulder carve.

3. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    The neck on my Squier Cabronita is somewhat chunky. Fatter than any of my classic vibes but not as fat as my Baja.

4. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    Never considered a Cab, didn't even know Squier had a Cab model. Gonna have to look into it. Thanks for the heads-up. How are the pups, and weight?

5. cboutilier

cboutilier Tele-Afflicted

Oct 28, 2015
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    My thickest Squire is my Vintage Mod 70s Strat. CV50's Tele is close.

My CV50'S P bass is a whole maple tree. It's a club for sure.

6. Whoa Tele

Whoa Tele Tele-Afflicted

Mar 20, 2009
    Smyrna Ga.
    Weights is awesome probably in the low seven pound range. Pickups are a little dark for my taste but I believe the put. 250 k pot in the Squier version and I might change it to 500 k. This guitar is discontinued so you'd need to look for a used one.

7. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA
    Good to know! Thank you!!!!

8. Wicked-T

Wicked-T Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2017
    USA
    I have a Squier Tele from 94 and the neck is pretty thick on that one.

9. john kleeman

john kleeman Tele-Holic

Jun 16, 2010
    Portland, Or.
    Squier 51 necks can be formidable clubs. I think there's one in the classified section. I played a 72 reissue that also had some real girth.

Musicaster likes this.

10. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    I agree.

Of course people who play mostly real 1950s guitars would probably think it's thin, so it's all relative.

11. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

It is IMO far easier to convert a Squier 51 into a functioning Telecaster (that would record just like one) than it is to make a thin neck into a thicker neck.

A long time ago, I submitted images of one on a guitar board and got a call from none other than Mr. Bill Lawrence! :^)

john kleeman likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.