Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele passed down from Mum who bought new in 50s. Ideas?

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by randallp, Aug 24, 2016.

1. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    That might be the first documented Tele replacement body in history!
    Making it the first partscaster in history!
    And @Wally called it as a Familycaster, never heard that term so another first!

We can assume that the family does not have the original Fender body in a shed somewhere, and with the passed down history, I'd guess the Familycaster has met its destiny. Maybe the OP has a kid to teach guitar to?

2. Recce

Recce Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    The last thing you said was: It plays and sounds lovely. So I say play it. You aren't per say asking if it is an old Telecaster you know it is. Parts have been changed, so what? I had a friend make me a custom Tele in January and I have already changed the neck pickup to a Humbucker. So what to do with it? Answer: It plays and sounds lovely. So play it.

3. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    Are her brothers still alive? How about Moms other relatives or friends? It would seem someone would know whats what w the body if only from a story from Mom.

4. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Seems it was purchased by the first family member owner in the modded state, so the family never had the original body.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.