Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

tele mod, bridge problem

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by SerGeiTaElLiE, Mar 7, 2010.

1. SerGeiTaElLiE

SerGeiTaElLiE TDPRI Member

Mar 4, 2010
    amsterdam
    hello. I need some advise. I am going to turn my tele into a plus. many peple uses the humbucker gotoh bridge. I'm thinking about using the fender hardtail. is it going to work? or i will have problems with the existing pickup route/hole.

thanks for any advise

2. Hekim

Hekim Tele-Meister

Sep 8, 2009
    Texas
    If your tele has traditional tele single coil pickups you will have to re-route the pickup cavities for humbuckers regardless of which bridge you use. Humbuckers are much larger than single coils.

3. MrAndCruz

MrAndCruz TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2009
    los angeles
    i agree you have to route the hole bigger....

check out my pics of my tele on some of the posts i did to see what it would look like with a hardtail

cheers

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. A typical humbucker surround ring is NOT gonna cover all the typical T bridge single coil rout. If your donor guitar is like many MIMs and has that additional removed area below the lowest part on the rout, that area will extend down into the area covered by the Strat Hardtail type bridge assemblies.

On the other hand that Gotoh integrated HB bridge is a giant monster. Way too big to look decent on a Tele body, IMO - even though I've been looking at those big bridges for 30 years. Never gets any better, no matter how long you look at it.

6. MrAndCruz

MrAndCruz TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2009
    los angeles
    this is true, i do have a little bit of the hole showing at the bottom of the humbucker ring....
    my tele is an AM so i'm not familiar with the MIM.... the hole doesn't really bother me too much

i did try the big Gotoh bridge once, but did not like the look of it....too darn big

cheers

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.