Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Tele + Lace = ?

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Baylon Whyre, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Baylon Whyre

Baylon Whyre Tele-Meister

I've got a telecopy that I'm almost happy with. My problem is the manufacturer uses two pickups that are basically the same. I've adjusted 'em and just can't get enough variety. I'm happy with the warmth, it might be my favorite rhythm guitar, so I'm keepin the neck p/u in place. What I want is more throat on her, so I'm replacin the bridge p/u. I've been lookin at puttin a lace in somethin, so I'm thinkin this could be it.

I've been looking around, and like two.
    The Lace holy grail interests me as the look and sound of them fit this guitar, I've just never played anything with one.
    I've also seen tele "powered by lace" bridge and neck pickups. The price on these kinda worries me. I've played a tele with a lace bridge p/u that was great, but it coulda been anything. Are these cheap or just low priced?

Does anybody have any experience with either of these?

2. qblue

qblue Tele-Afflicted

3. Baylon Whyre

I believe that's the guitar I was talkin about my friend having. It is awesome. Any idea which lace pickups are in that thing?

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. MrAndCruz

MrAndCruz TDPRI Member

tele plus

check out the "the telecaster plus club" forum here on tdpri....
    i'm sure you will find the answers you are looking for

cheers

6. Baylon Whyre

Thanks, that did help me with the question of my buddies mystery guitar, but I'm still curious as to the quality of the powered by lace tele p/u's and anybodies opinion on the lace holy grail p/u's.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.