Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele hybrid, kinda...

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jds009, Dec 19, 2008.

1. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Jack, just an assumption on my part??

WOODn't the grain running perpendicular to the strings/bridge/nut have a propensity to abate vibrations from the bridge. Just what I think I know about wood pretty much makes me ask, and why I WOOD never do that when laying out a git. Being an expert and all now that I have made a dozen or so. ;)

2. jds009

jds009 TDPRI Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Kansas
    AH, i see what i was doing wrong, i was using the adress bar & copying it into the thing. thanks.

the butt joint is not very visible at all, most of those pictures are just of when it wasn't glued up. except for the rough cut its at now.
    i probably will paint it.

thanks for all the compliments, its been fun so far. i just finshed up making a rocking horse for my niece, so this is still on hold.

3. jds009

jds009 TDPRI Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Kansas
    it was about 50+shp off ebay, and totally worth it, its so beautiful. i had never seen a spalted BURLED maple guitar so this should be different. :D

4. jds009

jds009 TDPRI Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Kansas
    [​IMG]

i just went and took this of all my pride and joys, can you tell which one i'm building?

5. JDRNoPro

JDRNoPro Friend of Leo's

Aug 13, 2007
    ME
    Welcome, jds009! Great project you've got going there. I'm very impressed at what you're doing at 16 years of age........or any age for that matter. Keep up the good work and post it here!

6. jds009

jds009 TDPRI Member

Sep 1, 2008
    Kansas
    thanks, you would be surprised what kids in KC can do.

7. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Nice work so far. Is this for a material processing class? Most tech classes around here have done away with a woodshop-like class.
    Marty

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.