Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

TELE HEADSTOCK TEMPLATE

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by gtr751, Aug 23, 2005.

1. gtr751

gtr751 TDPRI Member

May 20, 2005
    Alabama
    Does anyone know where I can download an actual size template / outline of a tele headstock. I recently bought a Peavey Reactor Tele copy which is a kick ass copy but I hate the headstock, and I was planning on cutting it to look more Tele like. Thanks....

2. WickedGTR

WickedGTR Friend of Leo's

Jul 12, 2005
    Hillbilly Hollywood

3. gtr751

gtr751 TDPRI Member

May 20, 2005
    Alabama
    THANKS

That did the trick. Thanks for the link...good info.

4. natsteel

natsteel Tele-Meister

Aug 7, 2005
    the netherlands
    Thanks for the compliment on my Project Telecaster website.
    Actualy I found the tele headstock on http://www.guitarbuild.com I used the headstock drawing my self for my tele project - it is very acurate.
    On guitarbuild.com are lots of other guitar drawings available in autocad DXF format. I converted just this Tele headstock drawing 1:1 to PDF-format which is easier to read and print and made it downloadable from my site.

5. Motor

Motor Tele-Holic

Aug 2, 2008
    Portland Oregon
    Awesome. I just printed this out to get the bump off my new USA Custom Guitars telecaster neck.

Much appreciated.

Motor

6. P-land pimpin'

P-land pimpin' TDPRI Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Portland, OR
    +1 on the USACG lump. Is this a 52 Tele shape? Love the SACG> Tommy is the man!

7. tompagan123

tompagan123 NEW MEMBER!

Jun 15, 2009
    Boston

I have a USACC tele neck on order and stumbled on this discussion looking for a tele headstock template. I want to remove the bump. Can this be done by sanding / filing or will I need to use a bandsaw?

Thanks!

8. cmeyer

cmeyer Tele-Meister

Nov 22, 2004
    Wilmington, NC
    bump....also curious about question above

9. Mr. B

Mr. B Tele-Meister

Feb 27, 2008
    Canterbury - UK
    You could use a bandsaw, but it doesn't look like there's a lot of material to remove so you can get away without one. My choice for the job would be an oscillating spindle sander, finishing up with hand sanding.

If you just have access to hand tools then a rasp/course file to hog out the bulk of material and then sanding to finish will do fine. Just take your time and make sure you get nice, smooth and square-edges.

10. mellecaster

mellecaster Former Member

Very easily done by hand....not much material to remove at all...but keep in mind that there is no 100% completely accurate Tele headstock shape...there are subtle differences over the years and such.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.