Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele & Esquire?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by stinkey, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:51 AM.

1. stinkey

stinkey Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2010
    malmö sweden
    I wonder if there's a easy way of wiering a guitar so neck and middle is like an ordinary Tele and still have the bridge PUP stright out?

2. Vitadog

Vitadog Tele-Meister

Jun 22, 2014
    Somonauk, IL
    I had Bob Logan make a tele for me and was missing an Esquire that I had just sold. I had him do a push/pull knob that when pulled was bridge pickup only bypassing the tone circuit. Works great, not sure how it was wired but an option. Good luck
    Chris

3. stinkey

stinkey Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2010
    malmö sweden
    Thank you. That is what iḿ looking for.

4. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Oct 29, 2013
    NYC
    Question: Will the following accomplish what @stinkey wants to do?

Disconnect the tone control from the volume pot, and wire it to the neck pickup's + lug on the switch.

If I'm thinking this through correctly (don't count on that), the tone control will only be in the circuit when the neck pickup is engaged, i.e., in switch positions 2 and 3.

stinkey likes this.

5. gkterry

gkterry Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2014
    Paris, IL
    The beauty of an Esquire is the single pickup. This creates less magnetic pull on the strings. Also, the wiring scheme on an Esquire is much different than just bypassing the volume pot. It won't be an Esquire but it will be different than most and it will be yours. :)

stinkey likes this.

6. stinkey

stinkey Tele-Afflicted

Apr 4, 2010
    malmö sweden

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.