Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele Bridge Six Saddles Positioning?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by rigalsan, Sep 8, 2018.

1. rigalsan

rigalsan NEW MEMBER!

Sep 6, 2018
    San Francisco
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new to guitars and would appreciated some your input. Recently bought myself a 2013 Standard Tele MIM. I was cleaning the guitar and removed all the hardware. I realized that the Six individual saddles have a letter E, A, F, G, B, F. Do these saddles need to be arranged in a specific order? I want to get my intonation correct but couldn't find any info.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chunkocaster likes this.

2. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Holic

Feb 13, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Those saddles are, or should be, identical to each other. Just install them back on the guitar and set the intonation as required. Or find somebody that can do it for you.
    And, i have no idea what those letter designations represent.

3. rigalsan

rigalsan NEW MEMBER!

Sep 6, 2018
    San Francisco

4. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Holic

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    The saddles will be of different heights to accommodate the radius of the neck. The outside saddles may have shorter height adjustment screws. Line the saddles up and make a even hump guessing which one was for the wound low e string (should be the second shortest one). Then reinstall them and check the string heights look right. Copy a pic of a similar bridge to get a base line before intonating it.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    rigalsan and Nick Fanis like this.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome, Rigalsan!

You know, many saddles and other die cast parts (such as tuning machines) can have a "die' number on the underside or back of them. The workers see a newly minted part that is defective, they read the die number off of it and they can tell from that which die needs to be rehabbed or replaced. Is this possibly what you see?

rigalsan likes this.

6. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

these kind of saddles?... from my 09....

this is the basic stagger to get intonation close when you put them all back in....:)

'09 Tele Std bridge.jpg

rigalsan likes this.

7. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Friend of Leo's

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Which: wound 3rd or plain 3rd?

Saddle 'stagger' with plain 3rd:
    E X
    A.X
    D..X
    GX
    B.X
    E..X

Saddle 'stagger' with wound 3rd:
    EX
    A.X
    D..X
    G
    ...X
    B.X
    E..X

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Sometimes, certain saddles, the E A and G (or the E A and B, wound G) have shorter screws and/or shorter springs. This forum is chocked full of images of 6 saddle Teles, just eyeball from that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.