Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tele alert, G&L Asat Classic is MF SDOTD!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    SDOTD today is the G&L limited edition Ash body Tribute ASAT Classic, for $299, down from $499.

2. GeekPriest

GeekPriest TDPRI Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Central Texas
    DougM and tery like this.
  3. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the deal alerts :)

4. Stratohacker

Stratohacker Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2013
    California
  5. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Geez, I wonder how many times I can pass up these deals with the G&Ls?

Ohh, the first world angst.:cry:

DougM, Urshurak776 and Toto'sDad like this.
  6. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 7, 2009
    Ballard
    One year anniversary of my sdotd g&l tribute asat w/ hb @ neck.
    Still love it.
    Still no mods.
    Peace - Deeve

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

This is almost back down to the price they were asking, 6 years ago. A pretty nice deal.

I think the overproduction and dumping of these replicas of G + Ls is causing great harm to the brand. If Paul Reed Smith had to sell the SE models on a regular basis for half price, he'd pull the plug I think.

8. e23589

e23589 Tele-Meister

Apr 12, 2011
    California
    I bought one of these a couple of years ago on the MF sdotd.
    I love it. Out of the box it was better than most MIM Fender Tele's.
    G&L got mine right.

9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield

Hey, hey, hey Mr. Obsessed, ain't you da one what just said he was signing up for the six months no gas thingy? Huh, huh, huh? :eek::D

Obsessed likes this.
  10. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Yeah, I know, so true, but it is tough around here with all of these enablers.:cry::lol:

boris bubbanov and Toto'sDad like this.
  11. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    They'se a buncha bad, bad, men, makin' me want one them FSR's and I know it would just be just dandy, for about ten minutes. Men have paid a lot more for pleasures, that didn't last nearly that long though. :D

DougM and Obsessed like this.
  12. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Mar 5, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one for $414.61 CAD. Shipping was $45.04 for Express Delivery (5-9) days) by DHL.
    After 5% tax, shipping and handling, and duty (even though under our free trade agreement, there shouldn't be any duty - I'll call MF tomorrow on this), the TOTAL is: CAD $521.62. I'm happy with that.

I've never owned a G&L before so I'm looking forward to getting this one. And, after all the guitars I've owned over the years, I keep coming back to the Telecaster.

DougM likes this.
  13. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Tele-Afflicted

Aug 30, 2011
    U.S.A.
    That's an insane bang for the buck. That's basically a used market price for a new guitar. It ain't a perfect guitar, but for that price, it's well within striking distance of being one. Even the normal price on those is decent.

I'm set with guitars for the moment, personally...but a whole bunch of y'all who "need" one should buy one.

That said, the color is about as far as it gets from attractive, to my taste. I am not a fan of clear finishes, especially on ash...and tort guards make 'em even uglier to me.

But if all you care about is function (or you actually like the way it looks), and you need the most Tele you can get for the least buck, this is it.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    telestratosonic and DougM like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.