Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Techheads save me!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Duncas, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Hey guys,

Im pretty tech savvy but something has me stumped.

Im using a 2.5ghz macbook pro 2012 model, running vista business in bootcamp (yes I know its not brilliant but i had to settle with what i could get hold of) but the windows seems not to have any drivers included. I cant even connect to the internet to download drivers.

Iv tried shifting some over from other computers and my mac but to no avail.

Anyone wanna be my hero? :D

2. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Download the necessary network drivers on a different computer, put the drivers on a USB key (aka thumb drive), install network drivers, install the rest from the 'net.

Hmm, a quick look on the 'net shows Bootcamp 3 doesn't support Vista. Can you install Windows 7?

Carl

3. a.miller

a.miller Tele-Meister

Can you use the Mac OS to download the stuff? ...should I ask the obvious question -- Windows? On a Macbook?

Besides, Vista is a big headache. I used it for work...or not work.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Hey man thanks, Yes I have tried to install necessary network drivers using different computers. Just having difficulties.

It loads and works fine its just the drivers. Ill get a copy of Windows 7 when my student loan comes in.

Yeah I know windows on a mac, but i need both for university (some lecturers wont upload OS generic stuff) and gaming.

6. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Well, gaming might be out depending on what you're doing, but you can get VirtualBox and use it to run a copy of Windows. It'll work fine for most things but probably not gaming, again depending on what you're intending on playing.

Carl

7. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

I play alot of Battlefield and Counter strike, most games i console but some are better on PC. Iv got a powerful system that runs anything. just control aspects thats difficult

8. phoenixash

phoenixash Tele-Holic

VMware Fusion and save yourself the headaches.

9. kelnet

kelnet Doctor of Teleocity

Are you using student loans to pay for games?

10. Duncas

Duncas Friend of Leo's

Nope. Student loan covers my course fees and basic living costs. I have a light job i use for everything else

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.