Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Tech 21 Trademark Club 10, 30, 60 +

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Steve G, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2005
    LeeK (England)
    Hey folks

I gigged my TM10 last night with a drummer!

Which prompted me to start a club. Love these little amps!

2. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2005
    LeeK (England)
    Ok, I guess Tech 21 guys are too :cool: to join a club...

3. idoru

idoru Tele-Meister

Jul 24, 2007
    Brisbane, Australia
    I'd used the bass side of things exclusively for about 5 years: RBI preamp, Landmark 300 head, Bass Driver DI box. The LM300's parametric mids killed the RBI & Bass Driver for me, but it was a little underpowered @ 300w. If I'd been able to find a Landmark 600 I'd have kept it until one of us were dead ;)

I've only heard great things about the Trademark amps, and one is certainly on the agenda. I've been using a Para Driver DI for bass distortion (and emergency rig) on my last tour, and it's great for direct recording acoustic & electric guitar.

c-

4. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 16, 2007
    North Bushey, England.
    OK, I'll bite... Among other amps I have a Tech 21 Trademark 60, which until recently was my main working amp. Newcomers to the TM60 sometimes have problems dialling in the sound they want, as the controls are very sensitive. But once the optimal settings are established, it's a very satisfying amp to use and has more than adequate clean headroom for gigging purposes if that's what you need.

Caveat here: in my view and experience, the best sounds are to be found in channel 1. The second channel, aimed more at heavily overdriven Marshall or Boogie approximations, does its thing well enough but the sounds are pretty compressed, lack a certain amount of definition (I find) and according to some reports tend to get lost in a mix.

The TM60 is nicely made and importantly the factory seems to have a great reputation for customer service. I have the original 1 x 12 version in which I've upgraded the speaker to a Celestion G12K-100, adding a couple of pounds in weight and a little bit more smoothness and low-end response. But the OE G12P-80 (the "Seventy-80") is a pretty decent speaker to begin with.

The TM60's moderate weight, quality of sound and build, together with its inbuilt facilities, make it a good choice as a versatile working amp.

5. tiktok

tiktok Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 11, 2005
    Seattle
    I have the TM 10, and I've actually used it on gigs where the PA did the heavy lifting. I've never managed to convince a soundman to use the built in DI though.

I'd love to find a TM30 in the hardwood.

6. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2005
    LeeK (England)
    Me too. And its surprising how those little amps are just enough for on stage volume, in some circumstances at least.

7. PMan

PMan TDPRI Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Villa Park, IL
    I played a hardwood TM30 at a local store in the western suburbs of Chicago. I had been looking forward to trying a Trademark amp in person after seeing some great YouTube clips, so I was shocked when this one sounded awful.

Now, I don't know what the problem was. Could be that I had no idea how to dial anything in on the amp. I had the EQ knobs set to noon, and tried some further fiddling, but the thing always sounded like it was wrapped in a particularly heavy blanket. Maybe the speaker needed to be broken in, I don't know.

Of course, the selection of (to put it kindly) sub-par quality guitars in the store that I was using it with, as well as the heaviest death metal I've ever heard (and granted, I haven't heard much) playing fairly loud over the store's radio may also have played a role. Its power cord was missing, too, so the grizzled employee yanked one off of a Line 6 amp and plugged it into the Tech 21, so maybe there was some sort of electricity miss-match.

I had been all ready to buy it, especially since I thought I was only going to try out a non-hardwood version, but given what I was hearing come out of it, I just couldn't do it.

Hopefully I'll find one in a different shop someday, because I refuse to believe that these amps typically sound like that one, with all the praise they get.

8. lupowitz

lupowitz Tele-Afflicted

Jan 31, 2007
    Hungary
    I have a TM60. Very satisfied with it.
    Also use the TRI-AC preamp pedal.

9. vintage52

vintage52 Tele-Holic

May 21, 2003
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I'm in.

I've the TM60.

Older version with the Tech21 speaker in it.

Sounds good and for sure, it does require some tweaking with the very very dynamic interactive knobs.

But when you find that sound, it's a bloody good one!!

10. markinlondon

markinlondon Tele-Meister

Mar 21, 2007
    Kent, UK
    Make that two Wellington region TM'ers. Early TM60 here too.

11. Will Chen

Will Chen Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2009
    Plano, TX
    Long time fan of the TM60. I've been gigging it for 10+ years.

12. xjazzy

xjazzy Friend of Leo's

Feb 17, 2007
    Portugal
    When I was gigging with an amp (I use a Boss GT-6 now) I used a TM60 for about 5 years.
    Had some problems with the speaker, footswitch... but it was a great sounding amp.

13. I love my little TM30le. Bought it back in 2004. It sounds great and the oak cab looks great too. Has a nice satin finish. Changed the power supply once. The folks over at Tech 21 are really nice to deal with. Lloyd is a cool guy.

Tech 21 Trademark 30 Limited Edition.

[​IMG]

more pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tbof

14. Theusla

Theusla Tele-Meister

Jan 1, 2008
    Texas
    I have the TM 60. PE 60 and TM 10.

15. vintage52

vintage52 Tele-Holic

May 21, 2003
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Just picked up a TM 10.

Very nice little amp that really does push out some great tones!!

The 52 RI Tele sounds fab!!

16. Steve G

Steve G Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2005
    LeeK (England)
    Thats a sweet cabinet the_best_of_fools!

17. dezmoduo

dezmoduo Tele-Meister

Jan 23, 2010
    New York
    New member, long time Tele player. I finally picked up a TM-60 last year and its just great in so many situations.

dez
    nyc

18. Highway_61

Highway_61 Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2006
    Phoenix
    I'm not a joiner usually, but I recently purchased a used TM30, and I'm extremely happy with it.

19. Oy the Billy

Oy the Billy NEW MEMBER!

Mar 5, 2009
    Alexandria, VA
    I bought a TM30 last year off of eBay. I *love* it. Back in the day, a few years after I started playing, I bought a 100 watt Marshall thinking that it was the be-all-end-all. My TM30 gets the tones I was shooting for but could never get with the 100 watt Marshall.

20. thaus

thaus Tele-Holic

Jul 8, 2007
    Canada
    Just got a TM10 for $100 a few weeks back and am amazed at the tone for a solid state amp. This coming from a real valve/tube snob!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.