Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Take It To The Dump

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 1955, Jan 12, 2018.

1. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    When the obsolete utility of sweatbrowing the straight-and-narrow accumulates around the waist, in the garage, in the psyche, our rationalizing of retirement from the track with accolades and consignment liquidity will at some point deny compartmentalization.

Those desperate closed-circuit attempts at control in fragmented sectors of mancaving can only bear so much misering and hoarding, our being screams at once to throw it on flatbed oblivion, at once lighten these self-imposed burdens, these legacies of the dead.

Embark the rickety defrost-drive around those guardrail swamps where specters of mist hang in infinite yes-and-no's, lighten your shoulders and become new again.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    I like that, I've never really been one for clutter, if I don't use it for a while it goes down the road, sell it, give it away, or throw it away. I've also been in the process of unburdening myself of the accumulation around the waist. It's good to dispose of that which we are not using. Even relationships can drag us down through burden. My old man traveled light. When he departed from a former dwelling, he took what he could carry, and didn't stay too long in one spot.

Piggy Stu, 1955 and william tele like this.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I've got lot's of stuff I've been thinking of getting rid of for a long time.

Such a long time that I'm now hanging on to all of it as it becomes "vintage" and valuable.

RedRock, Alamo, nojazzhere and 3 others like this.

4. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, what you're saying is, if you have too much stuff and the clutter is getting bothersome, get rid of some of it and feel better.
    Well, that's pretty sound advice.

RedRock, PacificChris and 1955 like this.

5. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    My wife and I have been purging for the last year, one room at a time. We also had to clear out her mom's apartment when she moved into a care facility. It's been rather enlightening to see how much stuff really never gets used. However, I've had to overcome the idea that the things we're getting rid of cost us a certain amount of money, and I don't want to just give them away. The fact is, though, that no-one will buy this stuff, and so out it goes to the thrift store.

The next area to be purged is my work bench and tool cabinet. It's amazing how much random stuff can be jammed into shelves.

Toto'sDad and 1955 like this.

6. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

Jan 14, 2015
    Chicago
    I have a basement full of clutter. The real problem is where to stack it.

tery and 1955 like this.

7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Ebay soup for the hoarders soul?

I'm in...

Problem with unloading the psyche is that unloading it builds up, unless unloading on an imaginary friend that doesn't respond.

1955 likes this.

8. Bellacaster

Bellacaster Tele-Holic

Sep 5, 2010
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Fingers snapping approval in a sad Samsara cubicle

Chicago Matt and telemnemonics like this.

9. 1955

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    I mean the ideals that anchor to an existence that betrays spirit, with manifestations in the uncastling of the once-regal linearity, the abandon of down-and-dirty conquest, problem-solving, and meatblood adventure.

Acoustotron and telemnemonics like this.

10. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Obviously.

11. raito

raito Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nov 22, 2010
    Madison, WI
    There's two kinds of people in the world:
    clean-desk people
    cluttered-desk people

Some clean-desk people are that way because they're so psychologically limited that anything other than completely clean is anathema and prevents them from operating at all.

Some cluttered-desk people are that way because they can't ever let go of anything.

The real limitations are in the mind. And occasionally the closet.

I'm a cluttered-desk person. But only because the clutter doesn't impact my mind. I do not feel oppressed by things.

1955 likes this.

12. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I always seem to understand exactly what you're saying in the first few words, but then end up confused by the end.
    A fun exercise in double reverse engineering.
    Or maybe something else entirely...

Still dissecting what makes seemingly awesome guitar playing become shred.
    Or that would be backwards: Shredders sometimes become awesome guitar players, if they gain some musicality to go with all that technique.

Or in rarer cases if they abandon half their speed and stick to simple memorable meaningful and soulful.

Eh?

1955 likes this.

13. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    But ... but ... I might need it someday if I don't have it :twisted::lol:

RedRock, nojazzhere and 1955 like this.

14. 1955

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    The soul-press licks its teeth at the circular insanity of a shell tinkering in the hang-lightbulb corner, one pure space left from the fracturing of providership and well-intentioned sacrifice. How wrought with pathos is the frame where all the crumbs are delegated to the beloved peace of a morning constitutional. Beware in yokery, choose with discretion.

15. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Just cleaned out the studio, and spare room..two car fulls for consignment at the local shop, and one more going Monday. Look I can see the floor.

1955 likes this.

16. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    I haven't decided if I'm impressed with you tremendous facility for expressing simple thoughts in an exquisitely complex manner or not but what I really want to know is...

Did you just buy a thesaurus?

kidmeatball, nojazzhere and 1955 like this.

17. 24 track

24 track Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    once the roads have finished turning to solid after the frozen mud has thawed and hardened I'm callin for a dumpster!!! ( seriously)

18. 1955

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    The Thesaurus is the only dinosaur that eats the ashes of the dense projectile-conglomerates, round these parts the black ice devours whom it will, I have evolved peripherals of impending demise at every sojourn, so I let many pass me on the right.

19. 3fngrs

3fngrs Friend of Leo's

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    :D

Bordering on word salad but mostly coherent! I don't know if it's brilliant but it's hilarious!

bigbean and 1955 like this.

20. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    Jeanne and I combined two houses of "stuff" into a slightly smaller house. I have 13 boxes of computer books that I'm going to recycle (most of them) plus numerous other bits. Some things stay, some things need to go. I won't be down to what I can carry but it'll certainly be less than this past move.

Carl

1955 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.