Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

T. Rex - 20th century boy

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Brad Pittiful, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    not glam...not punk...i guess its hard rock...one thing is for sure...its a great tune!

2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Fun! And who else can wear a t-shirt of themselves and get away with it?

Electric Warrior and 24 track like this.
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    Marc Bolin was a force unto himself, for the time

trancedental likes this.
  4. Area51

Area51 Tele-Meister

Nov 4, 2016
    New Mexico

Always like Bolan. I found a video of him playing a festival once with John and Bowie backing him. Couldn't seem to dig it up. But these work:)

That is Ringo back there.

5. OttoCorrect

OttoCorrect Tele-Meister

Feb 24, 2018
    USA
    I always viewed it as glam. Amazing song. Love Bolan. Can’t believe 20th century boy was only a single, most people would’ve loved to kick off an LP with that good of a song.

6. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior TDPRI Member

Jan 7, 2018
    Michigan
    Not only that, he's playing next to a cardboard cut-out of himself. It's too good to be true.

The 8:30 Wembley concert is a stormer, one of my favorite live performances ever. The boogie was in him, and it got to come out.

elihu likes this.
  7. DonM

DonM Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Apr 21, 2016
    Henderson,NV/SLC,UT
  8. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    :lol: awesome!

9. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2012
    England
    Its glam rock, simple as that. Bolan was one of the pioneers, 70s stuff was just so brilliant imo.

10. beagle

beagle Tele-Afflicted

Jul 20, 2010
    Yorkshire
    It never came any more glam. :D Glam was made just for Marc Bolan. Marc Bolan was made just for glam.

11. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    i was noticing that most people were dressed in street clothes...marc was wearing a gold shirt of some kind and a boa...other than that the glam wasnt very flashy in this video...he was labeled glam and in other videos he was dressed more like it...thats all i meant by not glam

12. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    I have a vague recollection of his TV show ( one series, 6 episodes - series two cancelled following his death). Weird mixture of outgoing glam and prog rock and incoming punk. I wonder what would have happened had he lived longer as his glam career would have nose dived.

When I was a student one of our housemates did a runner on the rent and we divided up the belongings she left behind. I got a copy of T Rex Greatest Hits and a sex toy. So, the sound of Marc Bolan evokes a slightly odd set of memories.

13. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2015
    Omaha
    Than again, there is this lyrical masterpiece from Mr. Bolan...

14. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    i think marc was headed toward punk...as maybe not a player but in some way connected

15. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

Jul 23, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    Most, probably all, of the TV series is on YouTube. Im part way through watching this episode, slightly random stuff. Robin Askwith famous for the Confessions movies singing, bizarre.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.