Synchable Delay and Trem pedals help!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Il Belva, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Hi TDPRiers,
    I just sold my AC15cc1x and bought a Mesa TA-15! I love the new amp (I'm waiting for a new set of tubes to drop in), but I'm missing my tremolo!
    Long story short: I'm out on the market to get a good tremolo pedal and a delay (analog, or digital with a good analog mode) that can be synched with a single tap tempo pedal. I'm totally ignorant regarding the synching and I have no clue where to start from. I would like to avoid midi controllers or big digital multi-FX, I already own a zoom ms70 (wich I love) but I'm looking for something more practical.
    On the delay side the Boss dm2w seems to fit the bill for me, but I have no clue for both trem and tap tempo controller with a couple of inputs.
    I forgot to say that for the trem I'll be more picky, it's the single effect I use most and I'd like to get a good one with volume control and subdivisions at least.

Does anybody synch different types/brands of pedals with a single tap pedal here?

2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Watching with interest...

3. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

Hmm, do you have an example of what synced trem and delay sounds like? Maybe I'm just thick.

4. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Holic

I just dusted off my Adrenalinn III thinking I was going to sell it and made the mistake of plugging it in to make sure it was OK. This thing is absolutely nuts. I used it with my Beatstep Pro hardware sequencer and you can sync to MIDI clock in such a way that the modulation sweep goes at one subdivision and the delay time is yet another one. Apparently you can also tap in tempo using 4 taps, though I haven't tried that.

It features tap sync-able tremolo and delay up to 2+ seconds. It is a bit expensive and setting it up might be a bit difficult. Plus it does way more than you are asking, but it does do it.

5. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Hi popthree,
    I'm not after a combo of the two effects, but just a common tempo for practical/space saving reasons.

In some of the songs I play with my band I use both effects in different moments e.g.:
    - Intro/verse w/trem
    - Chorus w/o effects
    - Outro w/delay

I can't see any practical use for what I do with those effects perfectly synched (e.g. at quarter note), but I can see some use with the same time and different subdivisions, something like a slow tempo arpeggio with half measure repetitions and 16th note trem.

6. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

Hi Digital Larry,
    I didn't know about this Adrenalinn III, it seems a nice toy! A bit too much for my needs but very interesting, thx for the suggestion.

7. ICTRock

ICTRock Tele-Afflicted

I always find this sort of request fascinating. The great records ... the ones that truly held up over time ... didn't have tap tempo effects pedals. there's probably some product somewhere that does what you want, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.

8. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

Line 6 M9? They've been around for a while now but to my ears the delays and modulations sound great, and you could probably find a used one for a good price. There's a tap tempo pedal onboard and you could set up your delays and tremolo to sync to the tap. For even more fun grab an expression pedal so you can vary the delay times/mix, tremolo speed, etc.

Danjabellza likes this.
  9. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

HX stomp. Small footprint, has absolutely fantastic delays and tremolos as well as countless other effect models all very well done, has tap tempo and if you need a quick backup, does fantastic amp modeling. It’s a bit expensive, but it does everything and it does it well.

Morgancolgrave likes this.
  10. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

I was going to recommend the M9 as well, but suggested the stomp because of the smaller footprint.

Ignatius likes this.
  11. Il Belva

Il Belva TDPRI Member

I agree with you about the great records, the point is that I'm lazy, I'd love to tap a couple of times instead of messing with pots every ten mins :)

12. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

TC Flashback x4 has and Source Audio Vertigo or True Spring might have this functionality through their midi ports. Slave the trem to the FB and use its tap tempo and EXP to run both..? Another trem that has midi in would be a Strymon Flint.
    Another cool thing about the FBx4 is you can either tap the tempo with your foot or hold down the tap tempo switch, chuck your guitar strings in tempo a couple of times and let up, and its in! I use this feature all the time.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.