Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

SWR California Blonde

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by P Thought, Jan 13, 2018 at 7:41 AM.

1. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

I got my Tak paid off, and I just ordered one of these to go with it:

upload_2018-1-13_4-35-2.png

It's an SWR California Blonde acoustic amp. I don't think they make these any more. I played one once that belonged to a friend, and liked it a lot. I used PayPal credit again, six months same as cash, and ordered from Guitar Center's used gear page. I think I can return it if anything is wrong.

I think now I'm all set for my upcoming retirement!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018 at 9:27 PM
    whoanelly15 likes this.

2. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Those are good sounding amps...that's what Monte Montgomery uses. I have it's smaller cousin, the Strawberry blond and it's pretty good too.

The downside is the weight. They are not light amps.

P Thought likes this.

3. P Thought

If I'm ever called to perform for the Queen I'll have my assistant carry it. :D

If this works out I'll sell or give away my Acoustasonic 30, before my wife accuses me of amp clutter.

4. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 10, 2014
    Philadelphia, PA
    I've always wanted one, but I don't have the heart to install a pickup in my 1977 custom ordered Yamaha CJ-838S II acoustic.

Country jumbo with (S for Solid) rosewood back and sides with spruce top, ebony fretboard, abalone inlays, bound neck and body, and high ratio tuners. Got it in near mint condition with TKL wood and vinyl case for $325 off reverb.

P Thought likes this.

5. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Does NOT look like the California Blondes I was envisioning (wink,wink).

P Thought likes this.

6. P Thought

If you ever have a change of heart, K & Ks--made right here in Plundertown--are very unobtrusive, stealthy even, and they sound very respectable. . . .

My other Takamine acoustic/electric, an EF340S BG, will like this amp, too. It has the "Line Driver" pickup.

bparnell57 likes this.

7. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 10, 2014
    Philadelphia, PA
    Those look like a great alternative to onboard preamp systems I have seen. Thank you. I'll consider it for sure!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.