Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Switching things around. Boredom must be prevented.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Ironwolf, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    My home rig is just meant to replicate my live rig as best I can for practicing alone. So I have one amp (a Tiny Terror) to mirror the Dual Terror. I have a board with (almost) the same pedals I use in the band (boring). The only difference is that I use a different OD at home because the SD1 is great live but a bit strident alone. And I have 3 electrics that I use for specific things. So I don't change much.

That said, I did go on a "learn surf guitar" kick recently. So I bought the brown Boss Fender reverb pedal. It is outstanding! When I want to get all "surfy" I just set it on top of my DD7, unplug the DD7, and plug the connectors into the reverb pedal instead. Beauty.

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    My gear is just varied enough that I want to work with different configurations ever so often It just helps keep the excitement level up.

3. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    I've been loving my LP jr the past few days. Unearthed my 18watt while spring cleaning. I'll probably plug in to that after the weekend when I've got the house to myself.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Yeouch! You know how to hurt a guy when all he is doing in life is cutting firewood and hanging sheetrock. However, I think the gypsum dust is adding a very, very sweet flavor to the amp speaker cones and it seems like more is better. You ought to give it a try RetroTeleRod.:twisted:

RetroTeleRod likes this.
  6. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Mar 11, 2009
    Sand Land
    Fourteen guitars and Five amps. The guitars all get played at least once every couple of weeks or so but the Teles get most of my attention. As for the amps the Blues Junior gets most of the playtime at home and at my age the big iron stuff doesn't get out much any more. For shear convenience I just set this one up on my desktop a couple of days ago EQ-Reverb-Hotone Mojo Diamond-12" Texas Heat loaded cab. Now I'm thinking of getting it onto a small board and maybe add a few more pedals. It's getting to be a dire situation though cause I'm running out of excuses to do new projects.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017 at 12:50 PM
    TMMC likes this.
  7. TMMC

TMMC Tele-Afflicted

Apr 3, 2013
    SLC
    I'm a nut, so I'm rarely satisfied without some kind of movement. My studio/music room is frequestly adjusted, I'm always trading gear...oddly enough, I can also be "I'll have the same thing as always, please." kind of person.

The best cure for boredom? Create something, be it art, music, or a change of location for items in a room. Mow the lawn. Prune dead branches. Plant flower. Reorganize a closet. Production = happiness.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.