Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sweetwater Emailed me back. LPJ is still not in stock, but now it's $1,429.00!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by 985plowboy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    A while back I saw where someone posted about the 2018 Les Paul Jr. being available at Sweetwater for $1,299. And they were out of them.
    I thought "that seems pretty spendy, but I would like to have one if the price were more reasonable", so I got on the alert list hoping they would come down when once again available.
    Nope!
    Got an E-mail alert from them yesterday that saith thusly;
    "We had some but now we don't got none cause we sold what we had and the ones we did have was $1,429.00". Or words to that effect.
    Dang! Pass.
    I still want one, but between Gibson and Sweetwater someone is getting a bit nuts.

Veltek likes this.

2. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    same deal with AMS. way too much for what it is.

BorderRadio likes this.

3. tery

tery Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Discounted prices are usually for preorders or clearance items .

Veltek likes this.

4. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Yeah, I’m with you. But people pay it obviously since they’re always sold out. It’s nuts to me to pay $1000 for a jr.

5. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Wow, that's a lot for a Jr! I've seen '15s as low as $400.

3-Chord-Genius and JayFreddy like this.

6. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Buy this one (there are dozens of them for $600).

https://reverb.com/item/6334786-gibson-les-paul-jr-2015-vintage-sunburst

I had one, paid about $750 new and sold it when I decided that I liked the SG Jr more. I think I got about $580 with a basic generic hard case when I sold the LP Jr.

It's such a simple solid guitar that I wouldn't hesitate to buy used. Save the money. They are a niche guitar so Gibson can set a retail price where ever they want but I would buy used and cut Gibson's retailers out (sort of).

ftbtx likes this.

7. TimothyC

TimothyC Tele-Holic

May 12, 2016
    California
    That price is insane. I know everyone hated the 2015 juniors, but I bought mine with the Gibson gold hardshell case for 500. It's a great guitar but at that price you're in the range for Les Paul studios.

fendertx and ftbtx like this.

8. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

The neck is a little different, but that alnico pole P90 sounds great and honestly, I like the neck.

9. jhundt

jhundt Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 23, 2003
    Netherlands
    that's a whole lot of getus for a guitar, in my book. I didn't pay that much for all mine put together!

10. CharlieO

CharlieO Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    I'd have a real hard time paying that much money for a Les Paul Jr. I paid $50 for my '57.

Deeve likes this.

11. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    You mean "in 57".

nojazzhere and 3fngrs like this.

12. CharlieO

CharlieO Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    In 1968. The thing that really bothers me, though, is how many guitars that you can buy that are much better, or at least higher quality than a new Les Paul Jt. for $1499.

13. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    Like TimothyC, I bought a 15 LP Jr for less tha 500 bucks (missing the case)
    Not sure why they were panned when new. At <500 bucks this thing is rad.

14. JL_LI

JL_LI Tele-Meister

May 20, 2017
    Long Island, NY
    There are P-90's on slabs for a lot more and a lot less. Godin is closer to $800. I played a LP double cut at Music Zoo on Long Island with an asking price of $4995. That's not a typo. It's Gibson custom shop. White rubbed down to where the grain filler shows through. Incredible tone and nearly noiseless. It must have incredible shielding. As with all purchases of things you want but don't need, what's it worth to you? And what are you willing to do without to get one?

P-Nutz likes this.

15. bluesky1963

bluesky1963 Tele-Meister

Apr 1, 2011
    Glendale, AZ
    Reverend Sensei Jr. - $799 w/o case. I'd love one of these, but don't have the budget for it.

[​IMG]

papa32203 and dr_tom like this.

16. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI

Buy up all the used Jrs you can ...
    market price of the used ones will likely go to 1/2 that new $1430 deal or $715+/- for condition....

(except for those that say 'only played once!' or 'one string broke but you can get a whole new set for like $5'...)

These are actually pretty good with a little work. Often under $50 used. $150 new.

[​IMG]

17. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    Wait till october and you can probably get them for 1000$ :)

At least that is how it is with the traditional SG standard. Every year they start at 1500€ around here .. and are blown out in october for 1000€ (Sorry for the currency, but our prices are a bit higher than in the US and I didn't want to muddy it by converting to $$)

18. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 TDPRI Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Was going to mention the same thing. i know AMS did closeout prices around that time last year on all the 2017 models.

Lobomov likes this.

19. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    Yeah .. same thing every year :)

20. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Holic

Dec 24, 2004
    Middle America
    This ...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.