Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sweetwater Calls

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gtrguru, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Mike_LA

Mike_LA Tele-Afflicted

Yah, at first I was impressed that they called to check on my order of a guitar cable.
    Then I thought it was a bit much.
    THEN I needed a breakout cable for an audio card in my computer.
    The company that makes the product couldn't help me, nothing on Ebay or Amazon.
    I called Sweetwater, they shipped me one FREE and I didn't buy the sound card from them.
    That kind of sealed the deal for me, I'll deal with a few calls for that kind of service.

Chud likes this.

2. archetype

archetype More tone than talent Ad Free + Supporter

Jun 4, 2005
    Williamsville NY
    Likely the bulk of their sales is online, but they have a huge retail facility. It's kind of a mecca for musicians.

3. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Meister

Sep 14, 2016
    not houston
    i like sweetwater. after having the same salesman for several years i can always call and get pretty good deals on stuff.
    the thing i like the most is whenever i order candy from them, they always send some random musical thing along with the candy.
    sometimes its 10 packs of strings, sometimes its a bunch of picks (funny how they know the kind i use), and once it was a brand new celestion greenback.
    and once they sent three packs of strap blocks. im trying to figure out how they knew i wanted some of these.
    IMG_20170819_092348.jpg

4. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    The only problem I have with the phone call is it spills the beans to my wife that I bought something.
    Sweetwater has been a really good company for me to do business with.

5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    "NOMOROBO".....free service, takes care of robocalls....your phone rings once, nomorobo somehow knows it's a computer calling, and takes care of it for you. Only downside, right now it doesn't work for cell phones, only landlines.

6. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Nov 4, 2011
    Surprise, AZ

Yeah. There would be at least as much backlash if they never called or followed up....

Georox and kookaburra like this.

7. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Holic

Nov 11, 2012
    Madison, WI, USA
    I've purchased a fair amount from them. They don't call. At the most, I'll get an e mail confirming that it has been sent. Nothing but positive experiences to report.

SPUDCASTER likes this.

8. JohnnyZ

JohnnyZ TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Feb 7, 2016
    Boston, MA, USA
    NomoRobo does work with cell phones, but you have to pay a monthly service fee. Landlines are free.

9. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    AMS doesn't follow up, never heard a complaint about that aspect of their business model.

noah330 likes this.

10. papa32203

papa32203 Tele-Holic

Nov 4, 2011
    Surprise, AZ

You are right, of course.

noah330 likes this.

11. ladave

ladave Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    It's a personal touch from a human being which I find refreshing in this day and age. Again, they have never tried to sell me anything so I don't mind it. But I totally get not wanting to be bothered with a phone call.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.