Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sweetwater Calls

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by gtrguru, Dec 7, 2017.

1. gtrguru

gtrguru Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Apr 29, 2011
    Detroit Metro
    Anyone else avoid the monthly Sweetwater calls? Every time I see Fort Wayne, IN show up on the caller id I hit ignore. I just don’t wanna chat with them. Maybe I’m just a bad person.

2. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    You're not a bad person.

I bought a $20 tube from them a few years ago. They have some nice products but I think it is intrusive when they call me at home, asking me if I need anything. I sent another message asking them to remove me from their telephone list.

nojazzhere and Chicago Matt like this.

3. rad1

rad1 Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2015
    Santa Cruz CA
    I called them a couple years ago and had them take me off the call list. They were very nice about it. Now I just get the emails and a follow up thank you call when I order something. I don’t get cold sales calls.

BTW, I love the service, great company.

4. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    I stopped buying from them unless it’s 100% necessary.

Service has been horrible last few times, you can’t place orders online without them calling you and when I have legit questions you get the wrong answer/the runaround.

God forbid you want to order something on the phone and your salesperson is on another call - then you have to wait for them to call you back.

Was once awesome now terrible and frustrating.

Tele-b-blaster likes this.

5. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    why complain when they are so simple to stop?

Jakedog likes this.

6. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    Last time they called me I told them about my last order exsperiance Haven't got a call since.

7. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2007
    Albuquerque
    I just tell them that AMS took care of me.

noah330, nojazzhere and Bones like this.

8. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Maybe they are taking on too much (e.g. there's a huge potential customer base) and trying too hard to give you personalized service? I mean, they are mostly an internet dealer, right?

9. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Tele-Afflicted

Aug 24, 2014
    PNW
    Not really; I've sent at least a couple of messages to them already.

noah330 likes this.

10. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    No idea. The kid I have to deal with will call me six times (no word of a lie) if I order a set of bass strings.

Their prices aren’t all that good and a lot of us don’t care about their “inspection and setup”.

Let me call and place an order or just process my online order. I don’t have to speak to someone to confirm my order and anyone (not just my “sales engineer”) can punch my card numbers into the system.

You deal with all this to get this superior service but honestly they’re awful. Last year they botched my PTHD renewal and it was going to cost me $1000 instead of $600. No offer of help, they wouldn’t even call Avid on my behalf and tell them they screwed up.

I spent about two hours tracking someone down at Avid that was great and helped me.

I get the calls and emails asking me if I still want the $1000 upgrade for weeks.

11. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    I prefer AMS, I don't need a friend for life in Indiana and I don't eat cheap candy.

noah330 likes this.

12. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    But when you buy, don't they send you .80 cents worth of candy?

noah330 and brown2bob like this.

13. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    I too don't really like the calls

noah330 likes this.

14. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    They’re my goto for a lot of things. I wish they carried more high end recording gear but I use a place called ProAudio Design for most of that stuff - way better prices and much more
    Knowledgeable staffs.

15. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    They don't have my number.

16. tfarny

tfarny Tele-Holic

Sep 4, 2008
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I just bough a digitech trio for $50 today from Sweetwater and they called me right away. I thought it was astounding the first time, but by the third time I'm ready to be on the do not call list.

They have some really good discounts right now btw - PRS SE standards for under $400 and that digitech trio pedal.

noah330 likes this.

17. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Last time I posted about not liking their calls in a forum they called me to talk about it - no word of a lie.

That’s why I took my instagram/Facebook out of my signature

18. TeleBrew

TeleBrew Friend of Leo's

They're right behind you! Run!

noah330 likes this.

19. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    First world problems!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.