Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

"Swatting" gets innocent man killed

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, Dec 29, 2017.

1. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Very true. They're not your friends.

2. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 7, 2016
    Smyrna georgia
    I almost got shot for an expired tag. And I bet if I were darker I would have.

noah330 likes this.

3. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    My understanding, and I have never shot a handgun, is that if you can hit a body sized object at 10 feet you re doing good. Shooting In the legs is just in the movies.
    Remember seeing a cop cam on tv , the cop and the bad guy were shooting at each other across the hood of a car, no one got hurt

Georox likes this.

4. HappyHwy1owner

HappyHwy1owner Tele-Meister

Feb 7, 2011
    Independence, Mo
    Haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but 10-20 is what I read the possibilities were for the swatter.

5. LowThudd

LowThudd Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    Aiming for the arms/legs is movie stuff. But 10 feet, it wouldn't be impossible. I can hit a man sized target 4 out of 8 shots at 100 yards in rapid fire. But that is not under stressful conditions.

Trying to hit an arm or leg is also a danger to bystanders since there is a greater chance of missing completely. No defense training, either military, law enforcement or civilian teaches anything but center mass for reactive shooting.

Boubou and Picton like this.

6. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2016
    UK
    Don't open threads that tweak my nose?

Genuinely don't know what you are trying to say.

I don't have an issue by the way. I'm neutral.

What does 'tweak my nose' mean? Asked respectfully of course.

7. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Neither is the girl making your espresso, or the kid bagging your groceries, or the guy fixing your brakes. It doesn't matter if any of these people are your friends or not-only that they do their jobs correctly.

8. Teleposer

Teleposer Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2016
    UK
    "Florid"?

I think you are being a bit passive-aggressive - why don't you get it all out?

Why do you 'feel like I've got something to say'?

I said what I wanted to say my good man.

Do you have anything else to say?

I was being abstract, pictorial, even. No one wants a fight over the internet do they? I don't.

Let me look up the word 'Florid' then I'll get back to you.

Damn, only logged on tonight to get away from politics..

9. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan

10. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Dude, how drunk were you when you posted this? :D

11. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 7, 2009
    Reading, Massachusetts
    Not to put words into another’s mouth, but what little I got from your post is that you lament the intrusion of political threads into TDPRI. I would assume he meant you shouldn’t open such posts if you know they’ll annoy you.

Florid can mean “too elaborate.” He wasn’t the only one who thought your post was too elaborate.

12. supersoldier71

supersoldier71 Tele-Holic

Nov 22, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    Not trying to fight m'man: I feel that you had a point to make, I feel there was some thought behind it, but it got lost in expression.

I understand that you said the words you wanted to say...I just don't understand what you mean.

Perhaps I'm being too wordy, so I'll condense my reply: Huh???

Georox, LowThudd and william tele like this.

13. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Are those people being paid with my tax dollars to protect and serve?

davidchagrin and kelnet like this.

14. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

That's because its NOT possible to shoot at someone with that kind of accuracy. Save it for the T.V. and movies. Once the determination to use force that can be lethal is made the officer is trained to aim center mass to stop the actor. The reason is, unlike the threat the the officer is responding to, that officer is responsible for every round that officer discharges from his/her weapon. He aims for the arm of the suspect and misses and that rounds travels 3 blocks away and hits little Timmy in the head while riding his tricycle riding that officer is responsible. Also, hitting a suspect in the arm, leg etc. may not stop an individual that possess such a threat.

In short, officers don't shoot to kill they shoot to stop a life threatening act. Shooting center mass is more likely to stop the threat.

15. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

Tweak someone's nose - twist between finger and thumb, metaphor for cause annoyance without causing any real harm.

In other words, nothing wrong with this discussion ( in the BDC) as long as it remains civil, but if you don't like it or it annoys you, or is too "off topic" for your telecaster/ guitar focused tastes, don't read it.

Most of us don't read 99.9 % of the posts here, I'd guess.

Spot on, thanks.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018

16. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    OMG is that true?? :eek: I think I read well over half...:oops: I think I have a problem...

LowThudd likes this.

17. Tonemonkey

Tonemonkey Poster Extraordinaire

There must be 10,000 posts a day here!

18. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    Tell me about it!

19. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    The person who made the call in this case is being extradited to Kansas and charged with Involuntary Manslaughter. He is also now wanted in Calgary for an almost identical SWATTing call against a woman about a week earlier.

Uncle Bob likes this.

20. Jupiter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I'm no lawologist but as a professional englisher, I don't think "Involuntary Manslaughter" sounds like an accurate description of that crime: makes it sound like a reflex...

william tele likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.