Surf green Bullet, I did too

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by Uncle Butch, May 15, 2019.

1. Uncle Butch

Uncle Butch Tele-Meister

I originally ordered a red sparkle LE Bullet Tele on back order. when I checked on how long it would be until they were back in stock I cancelled my order with MF. They had the surf green on sale at the time, but when I cancelled they were at regular price of $179 and they wouldn't price match, so I cancelled my order and figured they would be on sale again. Three or four days later the surf green were on sale for $129 again, so I ordered one. It arrived well packaged and undamaged. I've had it a week now and I'm impressed. The only cosmetic flaw I found was two pick guard screws needed to be tightened. I tuned it up and it was pretty much dead on as far as playability, and I was surprised at how good it sounded. The next day I tweaked the truss rod just a small amount, removed the neck and used #0000 steel wool to polish the frets to get rid of the gritty feeling. I ran steel wool over the fret board and the neck to smooth it out, it looks and feels much better. i oiled the fret board and it darkened up and looks really nice. The controls are smooth and function well. the tuners are probably a little shady but the guitar holds tune very well since I lube the nut. The only thing that looks cheap is the mother of toilet seat fret inlays, but for $129 I'm not gonna complain. I added a set of strap locks I had laying around and she is ready to rock. I'm kind of disappointed, I had all kinds of mod plans for this one, but for now if I change anything it will be the tuners. Great job Squeir !!!!

howardlo likes this.
  2. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Meister

Saw one of those in Samash. Tuners (as you said) were the only part that felt suspect.
    Congratulations, pictures?

3. preactor

preactor Tele-Meister

Some of these cheap guitars are good right out of the box. I bought a cheap Sawtooth from Wally World and the pickups were not bad sounding. My upgrades had little effect on anything....(Save yer money!)

4. Uncle Butch

Uncle Butch Tele-Meister

One thing I forgot to mention. The Logo seams to be printed on, not a decal, I could scrub that off with steel wool if I wanted to, but I don't have a problem with the logo as long as the guitar does what I want from it. Not ashamed of a Squeir at all, great bang for the buck. I wish these were around when I first started playing.

nicod98 and howardlo like this.
  5. Tweedledee

Tweedledee Tele-Meister

The logo does come off easily with steel wool or sandpaper. I removed it while prepping my Bullet Tele's neck for some Tru Oil to get rid of its blinding whiteness. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.