Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Supro Comet owners?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by RLee77, Jul 2, 2017.

1. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    I just recently stumbled upon this Supro model online, and realized it combines all the features I want in a single package, features that are not commonly found in one amp (single-ended class A 6L6 output, tube tremolo & reverb, low power mode). I know it's been around a while, I've just missed it somehow.
    I've been contemplating doing a custom build that has this feature set, but was curious if there were any Comet owners around who would share their experiences with this amp. The sound clips I've heard (one demo is in the link below) sound amazing to me.

https://suprousa.com/1610rt-comet/

2. Electric Mud

Electric Mud Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2017
    SW PA
    I totally need one as well. Everything I want in an amp.

3. Old Tele man

Old Tele man Tele-Afflicted

May 10, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I liked the extreme simplicity of some of their amps: a single VOL and single TONE control and nothing else!

4. I think that the new 'Supro' company is doing everything right!
    Now, I have not wanted another tube amp for over 15 years.
    (I've been locked in dysfunction with a HRDx.)
    But that new Supro Comet 1610RT has got my attention resonating too!
    The video demos sound very very good.

RLee77 likes this.

5. Richie-string

Richie-string Tele-Meister

These look awesome little amps, also be aware that Supro have also just brought out two new small single ended combos.

The first is the 1606 and is very basic with just a single volume control and 5 watt output (looks very simple but very sleek if you like the simplicity of Champ type combos).

The other one is the 1605R and is quite a bit more sophisticated with gain and master volume (which i believe is a first for the new Supro range), bass and treble controls and a spring reverb. It has a single 6V6 for an output of around 5 watts.

They both look gorgeous little amps, very vintage and very Supro. Well worth a look if you are interested in the smaller Supro type of amplifier.

RLee77 likes this.

6. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    I wonder which Supro is close to my old OAHU I had
    as a kid. I loved that amp. I think it had a 10 or 12 speaker
    and a Keith Richard thing going on. I think Valco built both OAHU and SUPRO

7. Fabiiian

Fabiiian TDPRI Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Sweden
    I have the comet and I am very pleased. I plug my 67 custom shop tele into the supro comet and it feels honest and dynamic, and with the verb and vibrato there are lots of sounds available. I was a bit worried about the low (6 or 14) wattage, but not anymore. Of course if you need superclean high volume, go for something else.

RLee77 likes this.

8. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    That 1605r looks sweet. Pricey though, but elegant looking. I'll have to try it out when I find one at a local shop.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.