Supro Black Magick Cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by b2187101, Apr 18, 2019.

1. b2187101

b2187101 Tele-Meister

I have a Supro Black Magick combo 112 amp that I like very much. I was thinking of adding a cab to it. The combo is cab capable, and there are two available a 1x12 and a 1x15. Can someone explain what the 1x15" cab does better than adding a 1x12"?

Thanks!

2. glumlord

glumlord TDPRI Member

In my opinion a 1x15” won’t necessarily be “better” but might add a different sonic element or feel than adding just another 12”.

I currently have only 12” combos and cabs but still crave the sound I used to get with my old Ampeg Gemini with a 15”.

It’s all about having options

b2187101 likes this.
  3. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

A larger speaker will move more air and the more air that is moved - the more sound you will get.
    That isn't what's always best though. Some prefer the sound they get from 12" or 10" or even 8" speakers over the 15" speakers. For guitar, I like 12" or 10" speakers the best while I like 15" speakers for bass while others would like 8" speakers for bass. Just what you like most. If you have a guitar/bass shop nearby, you could give a listen to a couple different speaker sizes to get a better idea of what you like.

b2187101 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.