Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Supro amps?

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by klasher, Jul 21, 2017.

1. EasyEd

EasyEd TDPRI Member

Jul 2, 2012
    Nanaimo, BC
    Hey All,

I keep looking at the Supro 1622rt. I have a Baja Tele and a Gretsch pro jet with filtertrons. I work at playing country an rockabilly. Love twang an chime. Also enjoy early 60s rock. Not really into high gain rock or metal or jazz or smooth lounge lizard blues. Is this amp a decent match? None near me to try.

Here is a video with a little chicken pickin in it (starts at 2:30) - would like a bit more brightness/treble but not bad an I've no idea what the settings were.

Opinions welcome. Anybody have experience with this amp?

An now just for fun an just to contradict myself about gain. I got a Orange tiny terror for Xmas a couple years ago. No cab for it. What if it could be plugged into the Supro speaker? I'd be putting some high gain to the 10 inch Supro. That mod could be done if the impedance match. I'd likely just tape it on as a test. Opinions? Crazy or just try it? I know the Orange will power it as the Orange can easily power 4x12 cab. I've no idea if speakers color tone a lot or a little. I'm always looking for multipurpose instead of a separate tool for every task.

-Ed-

2. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Perfect amp for that imo. Like I said before, that exact amp is my all time favorite clean sound.

3. willyb

willyb Tele-Meister

Dec 19, 2013
    omaha, ne
    After listening to demos on line, curiosity got the best of me. So....I had to try one for myself...end result was a new Royal Reverb. It is one of their new retro amps, although some of the reviews I've read say it doesn't exactly sound like the old ones but it does have that great 60's sound. It sounds great with all 4 of my Tele's....all of which have different p/u's. I really love the basic controls, vol, bass/treb, speed, intensity, reverb and power setting(30/45/60 watt). If you crank up the reverb you better grab a towel....it's dripping wet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.