Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Super Bowl Halftime Show= Justin Timberlake

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dented, Oct 22, 2017.

1. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006

Honestly, the only half time show in recent memory that I didn't like was Black Eyed Peas. They flat-out sucked.

2. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006

I don't think anyone has badmouthed him and I'm not jealous that I can't dance.

3. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

One thing I like about the Super Bowl is that I can get my shopping done quickly. I'm the typical guy; time to get new clothes, unless its a new suit, I want to be done in less than two hours that includes drive time.

But

That won't happen this year! They having that damn thing in Minneapolis this year :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I was working at the airport the last time we had it in 1992. IT WAS A CLUSTER !!!!!

I'm planning to be out of town that weekend!

It was also the last time the half time show didn't have professional entertainers. In fact its the reason they now only use professionals. Just check out the You tube video, its ranks there with the Brady Bunch Variety Hour and the Star Wars Xmas Special :confused::eek::lol::cry::(

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017

4. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    MA
    Nah, JT's gonna take care of that himelf with a one-eared-elephant :)

SPUDCASTER likes this.

5. cntry666

cntry666 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2010
    decatur, ga
    He’s so funny on SNL. JT is one of the talented pop stars. Believe me it’s not my type of thing but he will put on a great show. I much prefer this choice than these awful bro country stars.

Reggie77 and Flakey like this.

6. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    Probably won't play his biggest hit from his old Lonely Island days...

Wrap it up fellas - holidays are coming !

Reggie77 and Chud like this.

7. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Well, I, for one, am jealous. Dancing looks really cool and fun and probably feels amazing.

Being unimpressed and publicly showing your disapproval of a talented artist that many people love is right in that "bad mouthing" grey area, so I went ahead and voiced the other side purely from the musicIan perspective of "this dude is incredible, you have to be so bitter to not appreciate it. It's not like it's a dude fiddling with a circuit bent casio through a broken distortion pedal for 45 minutes, it's melodic, danceable songs."

I am sure I'm going to be drowned out soon enough by the cries of "get off my lawn" and the deafening clicks of "ignore" as people wake up and read a valid opinion that they disagree with

I am afterall wrong.

An outlaw country trio playing Truck Driving Man for 20 minutes straight is just what the doctor ordered. JT is just silly pop diva fluff. :rolleyes:

8. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Given that someone brought up JT's SNL work, I felt compelled to post this (and watch again). If you're not familiar with The Lonely Island, do yourself a favor and check them out. Lol

cntry666 likes this.

9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey song, get back to us after you've had your coffee...:rolleyes:;)

What I'm seeing here is a bunch of older fellas voicing support in favor of his talent...so why the burr in your butt? Kinda trollie sounding to me...

Count me among those who admire his talent without really being into his pop music style...

10. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    And I will provide a ditto to that exact sentiment.

william tele likes this.

11. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    There is another video he made with SNL that had to do with a certain kind of gift in a box. Very funny and quite inappropriate btw.

12. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Admire and disapprove to your heart's content.

;)

I see a lot of disapproval of his pop style or what have you. I was offering my perspective.

I don't do caffeine but I will try to wait till after noon next time.

I do seriously wish I could dance. Like come on.....that'd rule.

william tele likes this.

13. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    She looks like she is 12 year old

14. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    The video I posted is actually the third in that series. Interested TDPRIers should definitely seek out those on their own and watch all three in sequential order to get the full effect. This was the only one of the three that could be posted here without danger of crossing some forum lines. Lol.

8barlouie likes this.

15. Dismalhead

Dismalhead Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 16, 2014
    Auburn, California
    Super Bowl halftime is a joke, unless you like lip synching and dancing. They haven't let anyone really perform there for a few years now because they don't want anything to go wrong. Remember how everyone made a big deal about how good Bruno Mars was? Yeah, that was lip synching. Whole thing is stupid. I'd rather see a marching band.

16. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    halftime is for getting more food and hitting the bathroom...or when i was a kid we would go outside and play some football then come back in and watch the rest of the game

SolidSteak and Dismalhead like this.

17. william tele

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Hey, I think we agree...I too would like to see marching banned.:D

Boubou likes this.

18. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    probably be an outstanding visual spectacle... they almost always are.

I've heard a bunch of Lady Gaga's music and while most of it doesnt interest me, her super bowl thing was entertaining.

Reggie77 and william tele like this.

19. william tele

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I was one who discounted LGG's talent in the beginning. It didn't take long to realize that, beyond the theatrics, there was a voice and talent that is as disciplined and iconic as anyone before her. You could take away all the spectacle be left with a very soulful lady...

8barlouie likes this.

20. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta
    she's talented and i like the fact that she writes a lot, if not all, of her material... but its simply not my thing. My daughter let me borrow three CDs and I listened all the way thru on each... not anything I need to hear again.

8barlouie and william tele like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.