Super Bowl 52 Story Lines

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Guitarzan, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

I don't watch the NFL much, I haven't since I started college. I suppose it worked out that way because Saturday was spent attending or watching college football games and partying, and I needed to recover on Sunday morning and get work done the rest of the day.

The game is being played in Atlanta again this year and is generating a lot of noise. UGA has former running backs on both teams, and the young LA coach is from Atlanta. So there is a number of obvious storylines already developing. I am interested in this one because Gurley and Michel were teammates on my team and are both prominent NFL backs. I have not watched the SB the last couple of years, but will probably watch this one.

Will McVay be the youngest HC to win a Super Bowl if the Rams pull it off?

https://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-sean-mcvay-atlanta-20180105-story.html

https://www.ajc.com/news/education/...-georgia-championship/ANbT5zs9Wkp3N5Ch42HZyN/

https://patch.com/georgia/brookhaven/sean-mcvay-was-star-player-brookhavens-marist-school

Having two former UGA running backs featured in the SB should be good for recruiting RB's to Georgia, but I believe the author of this article may be getting ahead of himself a bit.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/g...chel-superbowlliii-new-era-georgia-nfl-backs/

2. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The Pats will play possum and look out of sorts for any where between one quarter and one half, spotting the Rams between 17 and 21 points. Then the Pats will come roaring back and win. People will compare it to the SB against Atlanta 2 years ago. Brady will thank his wife on the victory podium. Bill will remain taciturn. Kraft will be effusive and somewhat confused, causing one to question whether he's slightly demented or more than slightly hammered. The end.

chemobrain, Chuckster and LocoTex like this.
  3. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

On the following Monday Brady will announce that not only will he be returning next year, he will plan to play until his son is old enough to join the Pats, thus establishing a dynasty not seen since the pharaohs of ancient Egypt.

Stubee, bftfender, Chuckster and 4 others like this.
  4. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I don't do storylines for sports. It's just a way to try to keep my eyeballs.

5. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

The Nepotism storyline! Classic. Hey, that's only like 8 years away... Brady would be 49? By that time maybe the NFL will have QBs wearing bubble wrap suits. If he stays healthy he could literally hand it off to his own progeny!

But who would be the NFL's Moses to lead the Lombardi's out of Foxborough?

6. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

The refs from the Rams, Saints game on their way to the Super Bowl to volunteer their services should the Rams require them to officiate.

[​IMG]

drf64 likes this.
  7. Guitarzan

Guitarzan Poster Extraordinaire

What is your prediction of the winner?

8. bluzkat

bluzkat Tele-Holic

If the Rams defense plays up to their ability and get to Brady early and often, the Rams will prevail. Brady can't stand that and will lose his cool. I'm so tired of the Patriots and Brady, never cared for him when he was at Michigan either.

Dear Rams defense,

Please smack that sucker silly.

Thank you. :D

If Brady stays upright, we all know the outcome.

9. Toto'sDad

The Pats will prevail, providing the Rams official's clown car doesn't get there in time to officiate. Fate is trying its best to give Brady his sixth ring and secure for all time his undisputed place in the annals of Football history.

Chuckster likes this.
  10. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

The Pats will have a 14 point lead at half-time, but the Rams will adjust and tie it up early in the 4th. Gronk will get hurt late in the 3rd. The Rams will go ahead on a field goal late in the 4th, and Brady will throw interceptions on back-to-back drives and give the Rams the ball with less than 30 seconds left. They will take a knee and win the Super Bowl.

Now, back to reality. The New England Patriots, led by the greatest quarterback in the history of football, will win in a blowout.

Chuckster, drf64 and Toto'sDad like this.
  11. Toto'sDad

You left out the part about the Rams having MALE cheerleaders at the Super Bowl. Hey Holmes do dese rhinestone shorts make my butt look fat?

12. Salsg

Salsg Tele-Meister

In annals of history, no matter how many rings, will forever be the taint of the asterisks, though unofficial, but to many NFL fans will always be a part of the legacy.

And yes, that means the cheating they were caught, and I'm sure the more prevalent ones we don't know about.

Just as Bonds isn't considered the greatest home run hitter, despite holding the record, because of the taint of steroids

13. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Afflicted

This one coming up is Super Bowl 53. Last year was 52 and the most glorious one yet!

bftfender likes this.
  14. Chuckster

Chuckster Tele-Meister

• Pats win
    • Close, down to the final seconds, as usual
    • ALL of my hair and fingernails will be gone
    • At one point in the final seconds, I will suffer a heart attack and a stroke, simultaneously
    • On the podium, Brady retires
    • On the podium, Belichick retires
    • On the podium, Gronk retires
    • Josh McDaniel is announced as Head Coach at the duck boat parade.
    God, imagine if ANY of that turns out to be true? (Knocking furiously on wood).

fendrguitplayr and Toto'sDad like this.
  15. Skully

Skully Doctor of Teleocity

It's Super Bowl 53. Don't ask me how I know the number each year.

P Thought likes this.
  16. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

eagles won super bowl LII (52)

P Thought likes this.
  17. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

The game will be played until it's over and the guacamole turns brown.

Brady, despite his tantrum yoga training, will leave the field riding backwards on a golf cart, after Suh rolls over the back of Brady's left leg, with 2:13 left in the first half.

A squadron of hometown Coke fanatics will interrupt the portion of the Pepsi halftime show featuring Kylie Jenner's boy toy by building a wall with Mexican Coke.

Rams win 27-24.

18. chemobrain

chemobrain Friend of Leo's

:lol:

19. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

The game will be close for the first half. The half-time show will be so bad that the players and
    audience gets rude and angry. The officials will call the game due to violence in the stands and
    on the field. ;)

20. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

My suggestion was that the Saints and Chiefs should play tomorrow in the Super-Screwed Bowl and have a halftime act that folks would actually enjoy. Guess they didn't listen though.

Still, being an LA Rams fan since I was a kid, I do hope they beat the Cheaters From New England!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.