Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sunday's Smooth Jazz

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by AxeVictimAZ, Sep 30, 2018.

1. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Been battling another bout of tendonitis so took it easy today and put together another smooth jazz track.
    Signal chain is ES-335, Rat, Cube 60. Have a great end of the weekend!

Mike SS, jackal, G-52 and 7 others like this.

2. coolbreeze475

coolbreeze475 Tele-Meister

Aug 3, 2009
    Grand Rapids Mi.
    Nice all around, I really liked your playing. I was thinking about the tendonitis also and just wanted to say I sure hate to see anyone, especially such a fine player like you with this. I'm hoping and wishing you the best so that you we can continue hearing your playing and that you can continue your love of making music. I appreciate the awareness you brought here since we are all guitar players.

3. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Thanks so much for the very kind words man! I've dealt with this before and have been finding out that more and more guitarists that like me, are getting younger every day;) have experienced it as well. So to all of you pickers, "Take care of those hands!".
    And thanks again for listening!

4. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Well done Jim. Great sound. Some tasty stuff there. Take it easy on those frail, creeky, aging digits! Us young guys need the inspiration!

AxeVictimAZ likes this.

5. decker

decker Tele-Meister

Jun 16, 2011
    spain
    Smooth, relaxing; good stuff Jim.

AxeVictimAZ likes this.

6. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2016
    Hawaii
    Great stuff buddy! You really got some some great tone recipes! Hope you are getting better!

AxeVictimAZ likes this.

7. holdonphoton

holdonphoton Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2013
    ALABAMA
    This is really cool and has some awesome runs and feel to it Jim! Sincerely hope your pain subsides so you can continue to rip and emote at your leisure. Don't eat the Icy Hot!

AxeVictimAZ likes this.

8. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Thanks Fletch! I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was!:p

Thank you kind Sir!

Thanks Greg! I think I'm on the mend. It's always slow but I've come to recognize it right away and start taking measures to deal with it.
    Hope you're doing ok after your ear issue!

Many thanks Sean! I really appreciate that. Wait...….you mean I wasn't supposed to eat that?:lol:

Carl_Tone likes this.

9. Jostein

Jostein Tele-Holic

Jan 15, 2012
    Bronx
    Sorry to hear about your tendontis. I really hope you will recover soon.
    You mentioned you have had it before? How do you take care of it? Luckily I have never had it myself but I know plenty of people that has had it.
    Nice playing!

AxeVictimAZ likes this.

10. jackal

jackal Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jun 14, 2010
    mojave desert
    Nice! Do you have CDs available?

AxeVictimAZ likes this.

11. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Thanks Man! Yes, it's really annoying and seems to be more of a problem with age. My first indicator is usually a shooting pain from my middle finger all the way up my forearm slamming into my elbow. I have a cuff that I wear up on my forearm just a little under the elbow. That helps a lot in holding the tendons in place. I usually hit the ibuprofen real hard for a couple of days to help reduce the inflammation. Then it's a lot of massaging the hand, wrist, forearm and elbow. Lots of slow and careful stretching of the fingers.
    I hope any of you that have not ever experienced it never do.

Thank you, but I'm afraid I really don't. The only thing I have in the way of a CD is something I did several years ago and have a few copies left. All solo guitar and nothing like what I'm doing with the smooth jazz backing tracks.
    A couple of the tunes from that CD are way down at the bottom of my Soundcloud page. Conversations, Memories (in E minor), Una Noche Caliente and Blues for Robin.
    All original music.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.