Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Suggestions for a good affordable wah pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Nubs, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Memphis TN
    Lot's of good wahs around, depends on your personal preference, basic Dunlops used as cheap as $25, yes, $25!
    For a bit more the Dunlop with a red Fasel sounds a bit better IMO.
    For a really good wah you will spend more, I like the Fulltone Clyde wahs, I have seen them used under $100 but usually a bit more.
    Teese makes good wahs, used $100+

The Chrome top Vox wahs sound pretty good and are around cheap used.

eBay, Reverb, The Gear Page, GC used , lot's of places to find a good used wah.

2. garrett90

garrett90 TDPRI Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Poland

3. Fourstringclover

Fourstringclover TDPRI Member

Nov 22, 2016
    St. Louis
    I had to use those tiny foam pads or "feet" to stick under the pedal where it hits the switch to make it hit just right on my thomas clone. Needed two stuck together an its been fine ever since

4. Cabronitavoxman

Cabronitavoxman Tele-Meister

I had a few wahs over the years, a cheapy Digitech thing with an expression pedal, then at some point I recorded a couple of tracks with a Boss ME20, which was ok but didn't like valve amps, I had a Vox HW, but was broke so I had to hock it, I had a V847a, didn't quite like it, sold it, then a CAE MC404 (trying to sell it atm) great pedal but not my tone, then last week I bought a V845, it's almost like "where have you been all these years..." it did suck tone a bit so I did the Bypass mod... all up including Wah, switch and an LED was under 120 bucks (Aus) I'm so impressed... totally recommend it... your call (and your ear) of course but 100 is pretty reasonable but unless you strike it lucky for 50 bucks you might waste 50... if you get my drift :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.