Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Sudden Affinity for the Les Paul

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by LKNJ, Jan 8, 2018.

1. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    Me too! Neck and bridge!

2. LKNJ

LKNJ Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2016
    NJ
    Well, given that you're AC15, P90s are almost a must. Seriously, that combination is absolutely killer (almost as good as a Tele with an AC).

3. Finck

Finck Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2017
    São Paulo - Brazil
    I have learnt to love the Tele due to its history and all the magic. But LP is the guitar that I really think as "MY" guitar.

Actually, I guess that the LP neck, thicker than a caveman's club, is what I like the most (both my two Tele partscasters have thinner necks).

4. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    I don't have a Les Paul at the moment, but after reading these I'm jonesing for one.

LKNJ likes this.

5. Straydogger

Straydogger Tele-Meister

Mar 26, 2017
    Western Pa.
    Had a Silverburst 1981 Les Paul back in the 80's. Best playing guitar I ever played. I just couldn't deal with the weight. Wish I still had it because of what they sell for now but.....lol. Two years ago I thought I'd give Les Paul's another try. Got myself a 2013 60's Tribute. It was OK for a year or so but there's just no connection for me. I don't know what it is but I guess it just doesn't "fit" me. Maybe the 60's neck? SG's, on the other hand, are a perfect fit. Now I have the guitar in my avatar with the 12' radius neck and it's fantastic to play. An SG and my Tele are all I need now......at least for a while...:D

LKNJ likes this.

6. ac15

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    Haha, I haven’t owned a Vox amp in about 15 years!!!!!!

Seriously, when I picked my user name for this forum, Ac15’s were exotic amps in the states. You rarely saw them. Same with AC30’s. I did have an Ac15 when I joined the forum in 2003.

Only when they started being made in China did everyone and their mom own one.

Because of that, I don’t think of them as being nearly as cool as I used to.

CK Dexter Haven likes this.

7. LKNJ

LKNJ Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2016
    NJ
    Man, I would revisit them. I've had one for the last few years, and it's my go to for most things. One of the most versatile amps out there.

8. ac15

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    Oh I know they sound good. I’m just not interested in them much anymore. A lot of other great amps out there, and I have some of them.

LKNJ likes this.

9. Crobbins

Crobbins Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    I just picked up this LP today.

[​IMG]

ReaL Madras, Pickcity, Zepfan and 3 others like this.

10. Veltek

Veltek Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2016
    Blues country
    This is a statement I've always identified with.

Im wondering if I should just get a HH strat and load it up with some Gibson 57 or 59 buckers.

kookaburra likes this.

11. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    That looks kinda familiar....
    IMG_2035.JPG

Pickcity, Zepfan, LKNJ and 2 others like this.

12. Crobbins

Crobbins Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    Chip likes this.

13. Pickcity

Pickcity TDPRI Member

Oct 12, 2017
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I love the LP. Absolutely wonderful guitars.

Crobbins likes this.

14. DonM

DonM Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Henderson,NV/SLC,UT
    Yeah, I have a number of different guitars, but if told all I could play was my Tele’s and Les Pauls, I’d still be a happy man.

Crobbins and LKNJ like this.

15. Minimalist518

Minimalist518 Tele-Holic

Mar 5, 2017
    Albany
    OP, re thread title: If you impulsively purchased a Paul as a companion for your Squier, would it be a Sudden Les Paul for the Affinity?

ac15, Crobbins and Anode100 like this.

16. LKNJ

LKNJ Tele-Meister

Apr 22, 2016
    NJ
    Well played, sir.

Minimalist518 likes this.

17. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    I went for years not liking Telecasters at all.

Then I played one, and within a month had sold off other bits of gear to buy one.

Same with SGs - I picked a 'Vintage' one up last week, and it's *really* making me smile.

Pickcity, LKNJ and Minimalist518 like this.

18. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Friend of Leo's

I don't have a specific, classic 'Les Paul' but I do have a few single-cut style guitars, including two Gibsons.

The one guitar I never seem to have bonded with over the years is a Strat, but I can switch twixt my Teles and my singlecut guitars without a problem.

I'd have an LP, but one thing puts me off is the dreaded weak headstock joint. Some of the gigs I play, I'd be taking a real chance. My Teles and my PRS SEs have survived them with all their dangers.

LKNJ likes this.

19. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    I had a White "Norlin" LP Studio and a Silverburst Lotus with Dimarzio's that I had to sell. Both were great guitars.

20. Hellcat707

Hellcat707 TDPRI Member

Nov 20, 2017
    Ontario, Canada
    I've got two :twisted:
    The one in my avatar and a Epiphone Standard Pro :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.