Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Studio desk, let’s see’em! Anybody got something exceptional?

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by 4pickupguy, Jul 14, 2018.

1. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Thinking about this one from Ikea. $238 bucks. It’s got monitor perches that are height adjustable. Has matching accessories like the drawer chest below. What cha using? Post a pic!

IMG_3094.JPG
    IMG_3095.JPG

24 track and Martin R like this.

2. 4pickupguy

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Of course this looks nice. is only $249.

The Studio Trends STLD46 46" Desk features a wide work area and plenty of rack space for all your recording and editing needs. It has a 46"-wide work surface, desk shelf for computer monitor and speakers, two 4-space racks for outboard gear, and 4 casters-front casters lock. It also has a cable port to hide wires, for a more aesthetic look. This is the perfect compliment to any home studio or editing suite environment, a practical space for writing, producing and mixing music.

Features

Two 4-space racks within reach
    Four casters for easy mobility
    Front casters are locking
    46" wide work space
    Desk shelf for monitors and displays IMG_3097.JPG

24 track and AxeVictimAZ like this.

3. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    This is what I have. (studio trends) For me it works fine. I got some high density foam from work for my speakers to sit on, on either side of the monitor. I could use a little bit larger monitor but since my interface is only a Scarlett 2i2 I have plenty of room. I have the space under the top shelf crammed with pedal boxes and other crap. Got plenty of room to set my beer in a spot where I won’t knock it over (that’s alcohol abuse you know). :lol:

24 track and 4pickupguy like this.

4. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Here’s video from Control Center. Very high tech and not for the weak of heart.

5. 4pickupguy

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Good video of where the magic is made Jim! Looks great! You have a great space to commit music. I don’t see that I will ever run outboard rack gear but it is cool that I could mount it in the console if I wanted.

24 track likes this.

6. Steve Ouimette

Steve Ouimette Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    I had a really special desk built for me that I'm in love with. Has everything I need built in and within arms reach, including my monitor controller (on the left, dropped into the frame of the desk). This picture was taken right after the studio was completed here. There is also a matching white and black amp head holder and rack that is on rollers just like the desk. The designer is a friend of mine who is also a guitarist, furniture maker, drummer, jack of all trades. He did a fantastic job. I've had so many desks in my life but I finally feel like we got it right this time!

IMG_4092.JPG
    And the amp furniture.

IMG_3938.JPG

7. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Holy guacamole homeboy! That is a great setup! What monitor is that?
    What part of Scottsdale are you in? I’m over by PV Mall. Scottsdale addy, Phoenix utilities and PV School district.

24 track and Steve Ouimette like this.

8. 4pickupguy

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    WOW, what a desk!! Must be beautiful workflow from the captains chair!

24 track and Steve Ouimette like this.

9. Steve Ouimette

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Thanks! That's an LG 34" ultra wide monitor and a Samsung 55" above it that I use when scoring to picture. I'm east of the 101 off Sweetwater. Small world!

10. Steve Ouimette

Aug 17, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ
    It feels good, thank you very much!

11. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    My setup is pretty simple. I made it myself for about $100 but it works for me:

[​IMG]

I also made a little thing to keep a couple maps in and get more storage as my room is pretty small:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    I built this one out of 100 year old pine roof beams and black pipe. More solid than a brick sh*tter.

IMG_3186.JPG

13. 4pickupguy

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    ^Both above^ look great guys! It seems the smart thing to do would be to anticipate needing some outboard equipment and having some realestate in reserve just in case.

24 track likes this.

14. mgreene

mgreene Tele-Holic

Jan 27, 2010
    south carolina
    I'm glad I looked at this - even though I have my TV / home theater stuff on a
    Ikea-hack rack on rollers - I hadnt considered this for my recording gear.

In the last year I created a small setup in the LR based on an Imac and small powered monitors. I prefer to play guitar in the LR, so it feels natural for capturing ideas.

I have been designing a small desk, in my head, of the right height to type from my guitar chair. Being able to roll it around would be a useful feature.

Steve Ouimette and 24 track like this.

15. Martin R

Martin R Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 26, 2008
    Albuquerque
    Not nearly as cool as any of the above, but it's functional, has locks, on wheels, and it's about a hundred bucks. I roll it next to the computer and have a couple of JBL 4408s mounted on the wall.
    2018-03-07 23.01.31.jpg

littlebadboy and 24 track like this.

16. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

17. AxeVictimAZ

AxeVictimAZ Tele-Holic

Sep 11, 2010
    Arizona
    Nickadermis and mgreene like this.

18. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Holic

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    littlebadboy likes this.

19. magicfingers99

magicfingers99 Tele-Holic

May 7, 2015
    atlanta
    not really enough knobs or faders though is there?

Nickadermis likes this.

20. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO

This is a friends. Or was. He had 3 of them he got rid of , I have no pics of the replacements.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.