Students who benefitted from bribes in admissions scandal.

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Larry F, Mar 19, 2019.

1. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

a 'steely' road if there ever was one.

2. bcorig

bcorig Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Thanks. Interesting stuff. I'm a physician who works in the ICU - you couldn't pay me enough to get in front of 30 kids 5 times a day. Tough job!

3. DrPepper

DrPepper Tele-Holic

Why is it that the people who did the bribing get prosecuted while the people that accepted the bribes don't even get mentioned?

4. Jimmy Owen

Jimmy Owen Tele-Holic

I used to work for one of the major college entrance exam companies. Without giving away trade secrets, I can say that millions of dollars go into insuring that each test folder is rated fairly and objectively once it is in the rating center. And security is very, very strict. Those of us who worked with test folders could have no electronic devices, could not specifically discuss what we were doing with others not involved with the process.

I'm angered that a few moneyed parents decided to get around the system by bribing proctors, by phonying up disabilities to get their progeny extra time on the tests, and by paying others to change their kids' answers.

Any student who benefited by these schemes must have known that something was shady.

imwjl likes this.
  5. imwjl

imwjl Poster Extraordinaire

I'm not sure why or how you have that statement unless your methods and sources of news is poor. Pop news sources and headlines seem to show the celebrities and that good looking woman but the prosecutions and investigations are beyond that. Did you see the news article I posted here yesterday?

6. DrPepper

DrPepper Tele-Holic

No,I will look further into this. Thank you...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.