Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Strings?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by logankolarick, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 985plowboy

985plowboy Tele-Afflicted

Feb 5, 2012
    South Louisiana
    After trying everything I could find over the years, I've wound up sticking with the peach colored slinkys.

2. Paul G.

Paul G. Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Rhode Island
    I change the strings after 4-6 hours, pretty much no matter what. No reason to waste money on magic super tinkerbelle alloy, rhomboid core, unobtanium coated strings.

Ernie Ball or D'Addario standard nickel plate strings. 8-38, 9-46, 11-49 -- depends the guitar. They're cheap. They're everywhere, you can get discounts on quantities.

I don't get any complaints.

Nick Fanis likes this.

3. Hiker

Hiker Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2008
    Alabama
    EB Super Slinky 9's, # 2223.

4. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    I love Flatwound's for Slide.

5. RockNRollin_Nolan

RockNRollin_Nolan TDPRI Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Chandler, AZ
    I use D'Addario 9.5-44s

They are a very good compromise between 9-42s and 10-46s.

6. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 23, 2009
    Rocklin Ca.
    Daddario 11-49 or 10-46 I have an obsession with the colored ball ends Strings.JPG

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    smsuryan and BadMojo like this.

7. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Good thing you don't have pica.

8. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    I have a stock 2004 MIM Standard Tele. I just bring this up as the pickups are not the twangiest, more middle of the road ( which is fine for me)

I noticed that using Fender Super 250s ( their regular Nickel wound 10-46, I ordered a few sets for kicks, as they were on Sale) about a year ago, seemed to have a l just a little less tension ( easier to fret/bend) and a little more ' bright' ( twang) than the same comparable Ernie Ball Slinky or D'ADDARIO XLs I have used on it, and my other guitars forever... very subtle, but enough of a tweak for me to notice, and like.
    So that's my Tele String!

9. mtjo62

mtjo62 Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2008
    StatesVegas, NC
    I've been playing a lot of bass and acoustic lately and I guess my hand strength has built up, so lights seem too slinky now. Switched to D'Addario EXL110+ 10.5/48 and loving them. Bends are just as easy as before with lights.

10. alnicopu

alnicopu Friend of Leo's

Oct 3, 2009
    georgia
    A string is a string to me as long as they are the same gauge and wind. Two weeks and they are getting changed again anyway.

11. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

Mar 27, 2011
    La mesa
    Thomastik-infield power brights have always been my go to, but lately for budget and convenience, I've been using the paradigm strings and have been pleased.

12. bblumentritt

bblumentritt Tele-Afflicted

Dec 3, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    SIT Power Grove Pure Nickel. 10-46.

They're great! Great feel. Great tone. Great life. PowerGroove-Tele-TexasTone.png

BadMojo likes this.

13. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland
    D'addario XL 10s

D'addario NYXL 10s
    (very bright)

Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 10s are more cost effective, especially when you buy them in bulk.

14. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Tele-Afflicted

Nov 2, 2016
    Arlington, Texas
    That would be great if you don't have a preference for a specific brand. Also, I notice you don't get a choice for pure nickel strings.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.