Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Stray Cats are back!

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Serenity23, Jan 2, 2018.

1. schnulli

schnulli Tele-Meister

Aug 22, 2010
    Germany
    About time.

But...only for one show?

:confused:

Kebmel likes this.

2. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Friend of Leo's

Jan 7, 2011
    Washington, USA
    I wonder if they will tour at all. I saw Setzer live on his first tour with his big band in about 96 in a bar in Seattle with about 500 people. It was an amazing show. This will be a fun one I bet.

nojazzhere likes this.

3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
    Cool!
    Maybe if the show goes well they’ll do more.

nojazzhere likes this.

4. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm in.

Now how about The Smiths?

(never say never)

fendertx and dr_tom like this.

5. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    That's a surprise but a nice one. I have they can catch the old magic... in their day they were so happening and I just love Brian's playing and sound. Hope they recorded this for release for us poor deprive Brits.

drlucky likes this.

6. Finck

Finck Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2017
    São Paulo - Brazil
    My wife (the only one...) and me have watched Stray Cats live here in Brazil in 1989, one week prior to the date of our engagement. Unforgettable show, with a great after gig party, during what we've met Brian/his wife and Slim Jim (remember that Lee Rocker wasn't feeling very well, unfortunately).
    Now, 27 years from our weddings, sure we'd like to watch them again...

7. paparoof

paparoof Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2013
    minneapolis
    Nice. I'd totally go see them again. One of my first bands in high school covered a bunch of their stuff - loved it.

8. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    It was kind of a let down, the single Vegas show. They've been dropping major hints in social media for weeks, and then announce a single date. Same M.O. As the Misfits. They dropped hints and only played two reunion shows this year.
    I sure hope it's to test the waters and a US tour/World tour follows.

BorderRadio and nojazzhere like this.

9. Clash Telecaster

Clash Telecaster Tele-Meister

Nov 30, 2017
    New York
    You covered Brian Setzer in high school???

drlucky likes this.

10. warrent

warrent Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 15, 2009
    toronto
    I wish I could make it. That Saturday also has Jerry Lee Lewis and Duane Eddy Playing.

11. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    Como? Os Stray Cats no Brasil? Que oportunidade! That must have been excellent!

12. paparoof

paparoof Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2013
    minneapolis
    Well yeah! That music was made for high schoolers! Let's see now, that band ("the Prestones") woulda been 1985-1986, somewhere in there. Junior year I think. Did a fair amount of SRV too.

Apparently Brian Setzer lives here in Minneapolis somewhere. I've never seen him at my grocery store, but someone I know has run into him twice out on "regular guy" errands!

edit: I guess I should clarify, I was (and still am) just the bass player. I play some guitar sure, but nothing approaching Setzer or SRV. Our guitarist at the time though, man he was something special. Only a year older than me and he could play all that stuff - VERY well. A big orange Gretsch and a Strat. Yep. Damn I wish I had tapes or video.

13. Finck

Finck Tele-Holic

Oct 11, 2017
    São Paulo - Brazil
    Sim, fizeram 2 shows em São Paulo em 1989, no Projeto SP, que já não existe mais. Clássico, o baixo de pau, a bateria de 3 peças e uma Gretsch. 1 hora e meia de show, o lugar tinha umas 2.000 pessoas.

Yes, they have made 2 shows on Sao Paulo in 1989, in a venue called Projeto SP, which doesn't exist anymore. A classic with the double upright bass, a 3 piece drum kit and a Gretsch. One and a half hour gig with about 2,000 people listening.

14. EddieLocrian

EddieLocrian Tele-Holic

Feb 7, 2014
    Isle-of-Wight
    I'm seeing Eddie Cochran that night.

did I say Cochran, I mean Locrian.

Eddie.

fendertx likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.