Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

Strats and Teles: Who has both?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by vetplus40, May 20, 2017.

1. Picton

Picton Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2009
    Reading, Massachusetts
    I never really respected Strats the way I respected Teles, so I avoided them for years.

UNTIL...

I walked into a GC maybe six months back and had an experience I've never had before: I saw a guitar, fell instantly in love with it, and had to buy it. It was everything I dislike in a guitar, but I loved it anyway. It had gold hardware and rosewood. 3-color burst. And it was a Strat.

Bought it. Love it. Still figuring out what it can do.

71Tele and awasson like this.

2. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    It's too late... That's how it starts. The same thing happened to me.

Back in 2010 I was happily playing the same ES335 shaped Ibanez AS100 I had been playing for 30 years. Then I innocently signed up for an account here at TDPRI. Pretty soon I was consumed with this idea of playing a Telecaster. I had never played one before but they just seemed so perfectly simple in design and single coil pickups are so crystal clear. I figured there would be no harm in trying out a Telecaster.

Yes to a Telecaster I told myself but I didn't even think of a Strat. I tried one out in the early 90's and it just didn't work out.

Well as you can probably guess, within a year of the Telecaster showing up, I've got a black Stratocaster too.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017

3. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    I have and play both (along with other guitars) - I like them all. ;)

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. savofenno

savofenno Tele-Afflicted

Feb 16, 2010
    Sweden
    14 Teles and 11 Strats.

uriah1 likes this.

6. kubiakl

kubiakl Tele-Meister

May 9, 2012
    Austin, TX
    I have both. Both have had so many parts changed I can't even call them Fender any more, but they started life as an American Standard Strat and a Highway One Telecaster. Both have Allparts FAT necks and different pickups along with various other hardware changes.

The Telecaster suits me better but the Strat is a great guitar. I'd hate to part with either of them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.