Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Strat Wars - Seduced By The Dark Side

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by adirondak5, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Rich Rice

Rich Rice Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2005
    Chicago 'Burbs
    Best of luck with that. I've lived through some storms like that.. No fun at all. Hope your heat and lights stay on over there.

2. adirondak5

adirondak5 Wood Hoarder Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    No fun at all Rich , still have power , heat , water , no point in shoveling today , the wind is howling like a banshee , it'll just drift in , roads aren't plowed anyway , I'll just stay in today , maybe clean the shop , again ! :)

3. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee
    Wow :eek:.................I used to kid a girlfriend about Minnesota being the Great White North (she's from there..........and it is :lol:). I heard the weather predictions for up to 3 feet of snow. Did Jersey get it bad too? You guys have had some bad juju going on the last few months. Here's praying for the power :D

4. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    You a'int kidding with the bad juju Dave , guess its the year for poo hitting the fan , had to go to work yesterday , gotta keep the water flowing , was lucky to get there and even luckier to get back home last night , I'm gettin to old for this crap :mad:
    Here's my pig -up in my driveway

[​IMG]

5. guitarbuilder

guitarbuilder Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 30, 2003
    Ontario County
    Looks like Buffalo in the 70's. :)

6. Barncaster

Barncaster Poster Extraordinaire

Hey Herb,

Talked to my brother in central CT yesterday. 30" in Meriden and 38" in Milford. Drifts are over 5'! What can't this stuff happen on a Monday!

Rob

7. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Hey Marty , I seem to remember a 48" storm that hit Buffalo in the early 70's , they were sending equipment up there from down here to clear it

Hi Rob , yea , NY City got about 8" , further east like me got it bad , I'm about 50 miles east of the city , tomorrow its suppose to be in the 50's , gonna be a mess:mad:

8. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Jan 31, 2012
    Lake Jackson, TX
    I grew up just north of Buffalo. I remember the blizzard of '77. They shut down the city to everybody except for people trying to deliver food and rescue workers. That's the year I moved to Denver! Haven't lived in NY state since.

9. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Yea , after the super storm Sandy and now winter storm Nemo , I feel like doing a move outta here also , this stuff sure was a lot more fun when I was a kid , or (and this is for Rob), yesterday , when I was young , how's that for some EAR WORM:lol:

10. 4string

4string Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2010
    Central California
    DIY Snowplow.. :lol:

Attached Files:

11. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Ha , Marty , I'd give that maybe 1 or 2 feet of pushing before a break down , still , it would seem better than what my town hwy dept has at the moment , still have not seen any plows , went to town to get some cash for some neighborhood young uns that shoveled my driveway and had to walk back home , bout 1 1/2 miles , trucks down at the market in thier plowed parking lot , can't risk driving up these hills , one lane open and can't see whats coming up the other side and ya gotta go like heck to keep from bogging :mad:

12. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2010
    New Zealand
    Stay warm, Herb.

The weather gods haven't been kind to you lately, have they? :rolleyes:

13. Elkhorn

Elkhorn Tele-Meister

Nov 7, 2012
    Helsinki, Finland
    DIY snowplow for seniors. ;)
    [​IMG]

14. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Thanks Phil , yea , like Dave said , bad juju up here for some reason , gonna have to sacrifice something or get a new mojo bag :eek::D

15. Rich Rice

Rich Rice Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 15, 2005
    Chicago 'Burbs
    [​IMG]

Having a reputation as a pretty serious cyclist, I have often thought about building one of these.. :D

16. kwerk

kwerk Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 22, 2010
    New Zealand
    "I have often thought about building one of these" in Rich Rice Land, means you've probably already cut the steel before breakfast and will be plowing up your lawn by lunchtime. ;)

17. crazydave911

crazydave911 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 23, 2010
    East Tennessee
    The South still has room for Long Islanders :D

:eek:

:eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek:
    Oh for Pete's sake!

18. mymindsok

mymindsok TDPRI Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Califrnia
    Yep!

I wax living in Rochester, NY in 1977 and just happened to be driving home when that Blizzard hit. We crossed the Penn State line going East at 10AM, just as it started snowing and didn't get the Saab parked in the driveway until 4AM the next day. That was a bad one.

I swore after that that I was going to move someplace warmer and never looked back. NYC didn't do it for me, Santa Rosa, CA has been fine for the last decade but right now I'm in Maui and I kinda like the Winters here. Rainy but all of the windows and doors are open. Loll!!

By the way... Those Strats are beautiful! I'm kinda Strated-up for now but I'm thinking about building myself a Tele. Yeah.. Why not?

This stuff is truly inspiring and thanks for sharing!

MMOK

19. adirondak5

Oct 24, 2009
    Long Island NY
    Well now that is some southern hospitality :)

Hey thanks mymindsok , yea , build a tele , lets see a thread on it :)

20. CraigB

CraigB Tele-Holic

Nov 6, 2009
    Central Coast of CA
    Dang, mixing 27" of snow and that c-mag cocktail - that puts a damper on things that causes an evacuation :eek:

My Dad's had several precancerous polyps over the years, and my doc recommended that I get my first scope early. Glad I did, I had two small ones, and they also found a small area of diverticulitis.

Sorry life's been so rough on ya, Herb!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.