Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Strat Plans

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by aferaci, Dec 30, 2008.

1. aferaci

aferaci TDPRI Member

Nov 26, 2008
    south carolina
    Does any body have or know a link to some good Strat plas like the great Rev D Tele plans we have on this forum? I'd like to find a 1:1 copy so I can just take it to Kinko's and say "Print this." After I make my Tele I'd like to try a strat. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. aferaci

aferaci TDPRI Member

Nov 26, 2008
    south carolina
    I had found that one before but was not sure how to resize it and save it that way to have Kinkos print it. Has anyone resized it already and have it to download or can someone tell me how to do it? Thanks.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Jack Wells

Jack Wells Doctor of Teleocity

Oct 19, 2003
    Albuquerque, USA
    Ok.......... here's the body cropped. I've resized it to be 18 1/16 in. wide. Copy it to a flash drive and take it to Kinko's. Tell them to print it 18.0625 in. wide maintaining the aspect ratio. When they print it, measure the length and width before paying. If I'm reading the numbers on the drawing correctly it should measure 18 1/16 x 12 11/16 in.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/jwells393/NewAlbum2/StratBPCropped.jpg

6. aferaci

aferaci TDPRI Member

Nov 26, 2008
    south carolina
    Thanks...I appreciate it!!!

7. wolfynic

wolfynic TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Wales UK
    I've had time on my hands today, and have done a tracing of Jack's resized drawing in Autocad 2005. It's a 'near as dammit' drawing of just the plan view where everything is pretty much accurate within 0.5mm.

8. wolfynic

wolfynic TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Wales UK
  9. LocustPlague

LocustPlague Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2008
    Texas
    I wish I had one of these for a Jazzmaster...anyone know where I might find something even similar to the jpeg blueprint (of course, I'd LOVE a cad drawing, too)

10. wolfynic

wolfynic TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Wales UK
    I've got one for a Jaguar if that's any good to you? I'm not 'up' on my fender's (apart from tele's and strat's), so i'm not sure what the differences are....

But if you want it, just say.

11. LocustPlague

LocustPlague Tele-Holic

Sep 17, 2008
    Texas
    Sure. I'll take a jag. The scale length is shorter, different electronics, pickups and slightly different body shape (I think), but those are fairly minor issues, I'd say.

Thanks.

12. wolfynic

wolfynic TDPRI Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Wales UK
  13. sam.mclean

sam.mclean TDPRI Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Brooklyn, USA
    Thanks so much this would have been really helpful - but the file isn't up any more. Does anyone have it handy to repost?

14. Guitarnut

Guitarnut Friend of Leo's

Jun 29, 2009
    USA
  15. mcomio

mcomio TDPRI Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Croatia
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.