Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Straps...show us your coolest strap.....whaddya got???

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by rjtwangs, Aug 17, 2017.

1. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    Just about my oldest piece of musical equipment, a black leather strap I got in about 1974. It finally broke a few years ago and is essentially useless. My wife insisted I keep it, for nostalgia's sake I guess. At least this thread gives it some purpose, thank you.

OldBlackStrap.jpg

2. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    I bought one based on the style, price, and claim of top notch materials. These look great online. Turns out the claims of quality material falls short. The leather is what they call bicast. In person I was really disappointed with the cheap look of the leather. Sent it back and bought a real leather strap that cost me some more money.

Found this video after I sent mine back.

3. tomtama

tomtama TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Jul 23, 2016
    Taunton
    These are all my strap on the strap rack that I made.

Strap Rack.JPG

4. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    I got my first ever "nice" guitar strap as a birthdat gift this year. It's a leather Perri's. What a difference a strap makes!! Less shoulder pain, guitar doesn't slide around or neck dive...
    I can't use my other straps anymore,

5. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2008
    Sedalia, MO
    903CC923-6238-4DF1-BE06-4C5ACDA135C8.jpeg Jeri Hart straps....the one has turquoise stones and python inlays....

P Thought likes this.

6. Jakeboy

Jakeboy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2008
    Sedalia, MO

7. heltershelton

heltershelton Tele-Meister

Sep 14, 2016
    not houston
    theres a guy over on strat talk that makes straps ......and i mean from the get go....heres one he made for me....he does these all by hand.......if you want a cool strap...get with this guy.....his strat talk name is bodean. strap3.jpg

Iago likes this.

8. Boil

Boil Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2011
    B.C.

9. DonM

DonM Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Apr 21, 2016
    Henderson,NV/SLC,UT

10. Cellordin

Cellordin TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Got this from an Etsy seller, who I think is based in Italy. She makes guitar and camera straps out of old seatbelts:

20171202_121357.jpg

11. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I don't really have pics of all of mine, much less of just the straps themselves. Here are a few of my straps for my teles. When I bought my first tele, it was custom made for me, so I figured I needed a custom made strap to go with it. My best friend has been working with leather for 50 years, so I asked him to make one for me that says "Larry's Tele." When I bought my second custom tele, I had a second strap made that said "Larry's Tele 2."

P Thought likes this.

12. Tobias

Tobias Tele-Meister

Dec 2, 2015
    Amersfoort
    I love my dias de los muertes strap (see avatar pic). My asat is a bit top heavy (which I hate when it happens in other guitar models) and the strap slidey. Paradoxical result: rock and roll. My strat and jazzmaster have good leathers straps, the guitar stay put, and my playing is less exuberant.

13. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

I actually care very much about my straps, and I consider each one to be an permanent, important part of each guitar I own.

I don't have pictures, but I've taken two of my straps, plain leather ones from Franklin Leather and Lakota Leathers, respectively, to my friend at his boot and saddle shop, and had him sew patches on them, a "Steal Your Face" patch on one, and a Life Scout badge on another. Dresses them up and personalizes them. I have a couple more straps that might get the same treatment, if the right patch grabs me.

zippofan likes this.

14. NorthenLights

NorthenLights TDPRI Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Sweden
    Can't believe how many of you are using straps made from leather. I mean, seriously, that thing used to be someone. That's just gross. They'e heavy, they're stiff and they'll dry dry out if not maintained. When you could just use something made from perfectly good fabric instead. You guys are weird.

brother aldo likes this.

15. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

My Lakota Leathers one used to be a buffalo. Very soft and pliable, very strong, it's the most comfortable strap I own.

Cat strap.jpg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    El Tele Lobo likes this.

16. noah330

noah330 Tele-Afflicted

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    This is the original strap that came with my 1957 Gretsch 6120 when it was new. Note the original Cadillac case - the leather trim matches the strap.

None of the jewels are missing and it's all there.

I generally don't like fancy straps. I did buy a few of the Ace reissue ones but generally I like them plain.

[​IMG]

zippofan and El Tele Lobo like this.

17. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Tele-Afflicted

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    This one is very meaningful to me. As you might have guessed, I am a follower of Christ.

1512594676610.jpg 1512594683588.jpg 1512594693297.jpg

18. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Wrong on every count. :rolleyes:

3fngrs likes this.

19. LGOberean

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I like it! :D And FWIW, in the words of Neil Diamond, "I'm a believer" too. I'm assuming that's your name on the strap, and if so, that explains your username here. Coincidentally, my kid brother, also a guitar picker, is named Jesse. But when Mom & Dad brought him home from the hospital my older brother and I looked at him and said, "Well...he's our little buddy." So to family, he's Buddy.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

20. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Sep 24, 2004
    Endicott, NY
    Got one of these for my birthday last year.

Thor_Strap.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.